Feeling unable to cope

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Maxine, Nov 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxine

Maxine Member

I do not know what to do or where to turn . I am feeling very lost and hopeless . I split up with my partner of 9 years and moved into a flat . The rent is high as its furnished and I am struggling financially but I have no personal belongings so I had to take a furnished flat . Its cold and bare just the basics .My wages barely cover the bills and there is rarely anything left over for much food . I am sinking into depression . I miss my ex partner and our life together . I feel guilty that my cat is stuck in this cold awful flat .He misses his garden . On my days off I am struggling to get out of bed I feel scared and I panic but when I am at work I just want to get back to the flat so I can cry . I feel isolated . My ex is the only person in the world who made me feel safe and happy and I miss him so much I have so much regret . I am so homesick . I dont know how to cope . I feel like my life is so empty . I am 45 next week and I have nothing and nobody in my life . Its a struggle just getting through every lonely hour . I have no appetite . I cant sleep . I just want to go home and I cant but its all I want . Im so unhappy :(

2. robroy

robroy Well-Known Member

Hey Maxine, Im sorry you're going through a dark time right now. I want you to know that while everyone here has different problems, we all have struggled with dark feelings of hopelessness, depression, and suicide ideation. Please know that nobody judges each other here and that you can always reach out here for support, you will always get a response. I'm also struggling with feelings of loneliness so feel free to pm me if you just need someone to talk to:)

2 people like this.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi maxine, I'm sorry you are going through a difficult time right now. Life is unfortunately full of regrets but you can move on to happier times with the help of having support around you. Is seeing your doctor an option? Welcome to the forum.

2 people like this.
  4. Maxine

Maxine Member

Petal I am seriously considering getting some help from my doctor . I feel unable to cope at work as I am working with vunerable adults in a service where self harm and attempted suicide is a frequent occurance . I dont feel I should be working with vunerable adults when I am feeling this way . My worry is it is a temporary contract with an agency due to end on 20th November . I have no idea if I can go on the sick and also if this will affect any benefits I may be able to claim after my contract ends . I feel unable to go to work but if I go on the sick my financial situation will be a bigger worry . I dont know what to do

5. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Maxine, You are in the right place here right now! when you are here, I am sorry, I know that feeling of being alone, feeling Lost an no feeling of Hope, it is scary an chills you deep inside, it is a feeling that many if not all in here know well, Right now things look hopeless and empty, this feeling will not last, it is temporary, it is fleeting, there is someone that will say the right word, look at you in the right way or just smile at you at the right time, a little piece of sunlight will pierce the Veil of darkness that covers you now! We are here to help you, we will try and comfort you, We will try to offer you some hope some inner peace, maybe just the words of a song that will stir your heart, Maxine please tell us what we can do to help give you some hope how can we help lift your spirit to help you, share with us what you would like! Please? You are safe Here Please be gentle on yourself!

2 people like this.
  6. Maxine

Maxine Member

I honestly do not know TL .. I just feel scared and worried mainly about money and paying my bills and having nobody at all in my life . I want to sleep peacefully and wake up not wanting to cry . I feel like I need some time out to feel better and look after myself a little and some medication but taking that time out from work and responsibility means adding to the financial stress Im under . I dont know what to do

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.