Feeling useless

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by The Jester Race, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Jester Race

The Jester Race Active Member

I'd like to start by saying hello to everyone :smile:

I joined because I'm pretty desperate to talk to someone. Therapy isn't happening quickly enough and my mom thinks this is a joke.

I've been depressed on and off since the 10th grade. Ever since I turned 18, things have gotten a lot worse and I don't know how to deal anymore. I know this is a stupid reason but I've become an extremely lazy person over these last few years. I hardly ever did my homework in school and I barely graduated. I tried going to a community college for a few weeks but dropped out because it wasn't what I wanted to do. I'm currently looking for a job, but at the same time I have no desire to better myself. I realize that this is no one's fault but my own and I don't know what to do about it. I feel useless, like a complete loser. I can honestly say that I don't care about my future and have no desire to live anymore. I cry all the time nowadays. Mom isn't helping much. She encourages me to be a happier person and I just don't know how.

I've been thinking about suicide a lot more, for about a month now. I already have a plan. I just haven't been pushed hard enough into acting on it. If you're reading this and would like to talk, feel free to shoot me a line. I'll listen to you as well.

Take care :smile:

2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

hi jester, and welcome

you know, feeling suicidal and feeling like a loser are signs of depression... it's not the truth... we just come to believe it to be. and if you are depressed it's not something your mom can just encourage you out of... you need some professional supports. depression is sneaky like that... it slowly distorts your thinking until you believe that you are worthless and that the only solution that makes sense is suicide.

if it is depression, you should know that it can be treated - different things work for different people - if you noodle around the site you'll find long discussions of the different options available to you. but i just want to stress that ... you have options other than suicide, even though they seem so remote right now.

catherine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.