feeling very depressed

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by flowers, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi,I am feeling really very depressed. I am so old oompared to most other folks here, that instead of saying how i feel, I just say I am good and carry on. Its kind of a mommy thing I have. Never give your probs to people you know are your kids age or younger. I keep going to the chatroom, but I cant talk about whats bothering me because I just figure they all are 20someting. Nothing wrong with that, believe me. And some are amazingly kind and smart. Its just me. I cant really talk about probs and personal challenges with depression and agony with someone who I feel I should be there for.

So I am looking for an antiquity to talk with. Because I feel so compleetly alone. thanks,
  2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I am here! I am 41 and have taken a beaten by life so feel more like 60+ in fact some punk thought I was older just thoe other day. care to chat?
  3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

yes indeed, lets chat.
  4. Ants

Ants Well-Known Member

I am 54 years old and I have received wisdom from 16 year old masters. It ain't the age it's the knowledge!
  5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

true. and thats my problem. I tend to go into mommy mode with people young enough to by my chidlren or grandchildren. And mommy mode means not telling them whats really going on. So while what you say is true, my mommy mode cant quite grasp that usually. Again, you are right. sending blessings
  6. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

I'm 48 and sometimes feel 18 when doing cartwheels on the trampoline with my kids...but the reality is - I'm just playing, the age and sadness pushes through. Then I feel ancient, and the depression seeps in; the pain of many years is hard to mute.

I know what you mean - you want to take care of, and put on a bold "mommy" front to the younger crew; but they have unbelievable insights that only the energy of youth can come up with - and we have the less rash and sadly solid reality checks that they might miss - not always. It is a good mix!!

If you want to talk - I check back at least once a week. I've been through hell more times than I woud like to recount. It helps to come here anonymously and vent and emote....Wonderful opportunity to help and be helped. Take Care...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.