Feeling wierd

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Neverhappyalwayssad, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neverhappyalwayssad

Neverhappyalwayssad Well-Known Member

Anyone feel that when they arn't depressed that you want to be? I was put on risperdal and it makes me feel like I'm dead I guess, Emotionally dead. Its a weird feeling not crying, when I went through a month where everyday I was crying, its almost as If I want to feel depressed, instead of feeling nothing I guess. Sounds kinda weird I know.

2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

As you know we are not professionals here, but to take someone who is highly emotional and cut off the emotions completely makes no senes. There should be a common ground. Try to work it our with your pdoc or m.d.

3. Neverhappyalwayssad

Neverhappyalwayssad Well-Known Member

Yea my Psych says that this feeling of being emotionally dead is better since my thoughts of suicide arn't as bad as they were before. But it makes me not feel like myself.

4. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

When I went on meds it made me feel like a zombie. I found I no longer cared about anything and that included fighting to beat my depression. I stopped taking them because although they did stop me from feeling so miserable they stopped me feeling anything and my life was rapidly going into freefall. I couldn't be bothered to get out off bed most days.
    I know meds effect people in different ways so I am not saying to anyone else that you shouldn't take them but for me they were a nightmare. I'd rather feel something than nothing at all. Best wishes.

5. Bubbles_UK

Bubbles_UK Member

i would love to fell well, have energy, be free of pain and discomfort and not depressed or anxiouse or heartbroken, i can understand others who might find depresion a shield from the world though.

6. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

Not on anti-depressants yet (soon if all goes well) but I can still say I know where you are coming from.
    Many times between my transitions of suicidal and not, I feel completely apathetic to everything, and wish for my depression to come back so I can just feel something.

So aye, I know what you're talking about, and you're not alone.

However; I also agree that it may be 'better' in the sense that it would reduce suicidal thoughts.

7. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

I find that crying helps let it all out, so in a way it's a good thing. I'd rather cry than feel nothing at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.