Feeling Worthless

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Emishi, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emishi

Emishi Member

I feel worthless. Like I can't do anything right at all. Like I have no real use in this world. I've been trying my best to feel like I'm wanted, but nothing works. It's like no one cares. No one would care if I died right now. I'd just be another of the however many people that die every however seconds. I'll just be one of them. I wish people cared. I want to reach out to them. But I'm just so worthless and useless that they don't want to back. All I get is being yelled at for thinking about suicide. And it scares me. I feel so alone too. No one understands or probably doesn't even want to understand. Why not just die? There'd be one less annoying and bothering person.

One less worthless person in the world.

2. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

You're not worthless at all! :hug: I'm sorry you're having such a tough time. What's going on?

3. Emishi

Emishi Member

I just feel like I can't do anything right I guess. And I feel really unspecial to someone I really care for. And I'm scared he doesn't care for me back. Well. I think that no one just cares for me overall. Like they don't think I really have any use.

4. jKORE

jKORE Senior Member

Im sorry your feeling that way Emishi. We all battle with negative feelings of worthlessness. Doesnt make them true tho. Its our own mind putting us down.
    We are our own worst enemy. We need to keep fighting that, keep pushing those thoughts out of our head. Because there are people that care.

Im glad your here, i hope you find comfort here.
    Anytime you want to chat, my line is always open.
    :hug:

5. Emishi

Emishi Member

...Thanks. Maybe I'll get to you later. Just. I really need help with this. One way or another, I do.

6. tendenCs_89

tendenCs_89 Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, I often feel worthless.
    I guess the key is to try and find the things you like in yourself and focus on them.
    Often, problems like depression makes this feeling of worthlessness in the eyes of others. It is difficult to try and guess what others think about you, often it could be people are more insecure than you, and you are seen in a better light than you think. I discovered recently my seemingly confident and cool few friends are just as insecure as me.
    I dont know you, but Im sure your existance does have worth. Do you have any friends or family or people who depend on you in any way? Even if it seems like you dont, Im sure you do.
    PM me anytime you like, ill always listen
    I feel very alone to
    Lets be alone together :D

7. Emishi

Emishi Member

Thanks for that. I wish I didn't feel so alone. And. I really don't know. ...It's more like I depend on people more than they depend on me. It sucks feeling worthless, alone, useless, and depressed all in one mind.

8. shadow44

shadow44 Member

everyone deserves to lean on people. sometimes you just need a little extra support. remember it feels good to give support too and people wont give it unless they want to. some day you will be able to give back what you have received. i does suck to feel worthless.. i hope you feel better soon.

9. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello Emishi,
    It sounds to me that depression has raised it's ugly head and grabbed ahold of you. Don't listen to it because it does nothing but lie to you. You need to hang on to every positive thought you have to help defeat the negative ones. Are you in therapy?? If not you should think about it. They can teach you coping skills and how not to discount the positives. I too felt like everyone was talking about me but my therapist has drilled it into my head that they are in there own little worlds with there own problems. They may just be looking your direction and not thinking anything. I think you will find alot of support here. Give us a chance to help!!Take Care!!~Joseph~

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi,

welcome to sf :)

You aren't worthless.That's the depression talking.

Im glad you found sf. Please keep talking to us and tell us more about yourself, we care. :hug:

Im here if you need to talk x

11. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

you are not worthless. you may feel it, i know i feel it, but your not. reach out. keep reaching out. even if its here, talk to us, see a doctor, anything :hug: your worth so much :arms:

12. Emishi

Emishi Member

...Thanks, guys. Just. Everday since...Last Wednesday or Thursday (February 4 or 5), I've been having the thought of killing myself at least once a day. I was really close to on Sunday too. I really just feel that no one would care. That I'm not worth to be cared for or sad about. ...I mean. I reached out to a friend today about wanting to kill myself. And she just looked at me like I was a freak and avoided me the rest of the day. ...Yeah. That makes me feel A LOT better. I really don't want to die, guys. But everyday the feeling gets stronger and it makes me feel like that would be the problem solver to stop this. Also what sucks. Is one day I'll think that someone cares about me. Then the next that thought is completely shot down. Like I'm going through a dark tunnel and I start to see light. But then I get dragged back to the start of the tunnel again.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2009
  13. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

go see a doctor about it huni :hug: they will help you

14. Emishi

Emishi Member

...But I'm not a mental patient. I'm normal. I know I am. Right?

15. tendenCs_89

seeing a therapist or councellor may sound like its just for mental patients but i promise its not. I felt teh same when I first saw my therapist, but after a while I realised how much it was helping me. If you are depressed and considering suicide that doesnt make you a freak or a mental patient, it just means you need help. If your leg is hurting you would see a doctor to check it out and make it better. So if your feeling really low you should see a therapist to check it out and make you better. (this is quite a simplistic approach I know, but you get what I mean)
    The fact is no, its not normal to have suicidal thoughts almost daily, but it doesnt make you mental either. I strongly recommend you do it, itll make you realise your problems and how to work on them
    :hug:

16. Emishi

Emishi Member

...Guys. I really feel like killing myself right now. I have 3 different sleeping pills and some water in front of me. ...Please help me. PLEASE.

17. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

You should explore all your options before offing yourself, spur of the moment decisions like this are usually wrong. Seek medical help first and then decided after that what path to take.

18. Emishi

Emishi Member

I want to stay calm but I can't. I'm staring at these stupid pills, but I can't push them away.

19. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

Get yourself to A & E, things like this need serious thought. It's so easy to make a rash choice now rather than waiting till tomorrow. I don't know if your are in the UK or not, but when I feel in crisis I go to A & E and i end up spening a week on on psychiatric ward voluntarily. I well known there so it's easy for me.

I cant tell you what to do or not do, but if I was in your position i would flush the pills down to toilet and go out and get drunk.

20. tendenCs_89

please dont do this, I know you can fight through this
    Just hold on a little longer, Im on msn every night after 7
    Take care
    xx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.