Feeling Worthless

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by june54, Jul 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. june54

june54 Member

Last night I took a mixture of medication with the hope that I wouldn't waken up today. Unfortunately, I did. I know I should get help but don't want to worry my dad as he is all I have left. Shut myself away from friends as I don't trust them anymore as they are very vocal on their views of depression. I really need to be gone before I lose my dad as I will have nothing at all :i'm sorry:

2. Hoon

Hoon Member

Dear June54,

I know you don't want to worry your dad, and I know you don't want to lose him, but the connection you have with him (described in your other post) suggests to me that he wouldn't respond to your talk about your depression as your friends apparently have, and maybe he would appreciate knowing the truth about how you're feeling.

If you talked to him, how do you think he would respond?

Sincerely,

Hoon

3. LoveBeing

LoveBeing Well-Known Member

Hi june54,

So you love your dad and he is important to you in life. Your dad must love you, too and you may be just as important (or even more important) to him in life…

You don’t want to worry your dad by not telling him how you feel? How do you imagine he would feel if you did go before him without even a chance for him to know what was going on with you or to say “goodbye”? Would he feel worse than worrying? … I’m asking because I know you love your dad…

Your dad is still here. Why not enjoy the time you still have with your dad? Your dad would love you to live and enjoy life no matter where he is?

I hope you get the help you need and find the strength to live and love your dad the way your dad loves you…

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.