Feelings

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by J_Oli3, Oct 23, 2009.

1. J_Oli3

J_Oli3 Well-Known Member

Misunderstood
    Ignored
    Unimportant
    Confined
    Frightened
    Isolated
    Pressured
    Alienated
    Different
    Trapped
    Criticised
    Socially Inept
    Forgotten
    Overly Conscious

I feel all of these and more and don't know how to deal with it.

2. stuckinchicago6

stuckinchicago6 Well-Known Member

I can relate to your list. Here goes, I am going to come up with my own. I want to include physical feelings too. I wish I knew how to deal with it, but most of my feelings are beyond my control....

Bored
    Over-Worked
    Heart broken
    Ignored
    Bloated
    Hated
    Exhausted
    Scandalized
    Disappointed
    Lazy
    Angry
    Helpless
    Not loved
    Regretful
    Pessimistic
    Self-conscious
    ...Still I have a desire to get ahead and recover...

3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Wow, good timing for this post. I have feelings bouncing all over the place this morning and I'm overwhelmed. I came here to post in my diary and found this post.

Identifying feelings is so important. I've learned I don't have to do anything with them except don't pretend they don't exist. If I pretend they don't exist, they come back to "bite" me later.

I feel them for a short time and if they stay for too long, I tell them they need to go sit on the imaginary bookshelf I have in my mind because I need a break.

Then I focus on the small things that I can do for myself. By doing that, I can keep a sense of having a grip on reality. I managed to balance my checkbook this morning. Woo Hoo!

4. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Yeah good topic. How DO people deal with feelings? Anyone got any ideas or want to say how they handle feeling bad?