feels foolish

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by SizamiTheBox, Apr 21, 2007.

1. SizamiTheBox

SizamiTheBox Guest

I always feel foolish, like an attention seeker, whenever I come on here, or when I try to talk to someone about my problems. I don't know why I feel that way. I even feel like I'm just seeking approval by typing this. I guess maybe I over think things. I feel like crying, but I hate to cry because, even when I'm alone, I'm afraid I'm just being a baby, and I critisize myself for crying over such stupid insignificant things when there are people in this world who are suffering much worse than I. I also feel as if no one truly cares about my well-being. My best friend is always sad or sick, so I have to help her, and yes I HAVE to help, no matter how bad I feel, I can't abandon her. My family loves me, but they don't really know me. My online friends...well, they say they care but honestly I don't belive they would miss me. I seem to be an after thought to everyone, even to me

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  2. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

No-one seeking help on SF is thought of as
    Each and everyone of us came here with different feelings, thoughts and insecurities.
    We are here to help each other, that includes you!
    Please continue to post and allow us to support you, SF is a friendly place and I am sure you will make some friends along the way.

3. Robin

Robin Guest

I've seen many of the things you talked about in your post said by others on this board, no-ones a carbon copy of anyone else but depression shares similar symptoms across a variety of different people. Are you getting help for how you feel at all? It might help but you will not know for sure unti you try it. I never really had a dedicated therapist though I do have a keyworker at a disability centre who I can talk with in real life about my problems, it really helps.

4. reborn1961

reborn1961 Guest

Everyone is an attention seeker. No, not in a negative sense. Many of us come to SF for a place to talk where people will listen to you. I find that I cannot get the attention of anyone around me as they ignore me. But I need to talk just like everyone does who suffers from depression. So I go online and seek attention from SF. I think the term attention seeker has taken on such a negative image when it should not. There is nothing wrong with seeking someone to talk to about things many of us here have in common.

So continue to seek attention here as you will find you will be heard and will find friendship and support. Take care.