fell off the wagon (again) and going thru withdrawal

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by theleastofthese, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

and I think I had a seizure. I "came to" on my floor (I'd been sitting in my desk chair) with a sore place on the back of my head and felt completely out of it. I'm really scared now cause when I was going thru detox at the rehab place they gave me phenobarb for the first five days to reduce the chance of having a withdrawal seizure. Now I think I've just had one and am scared to death. I'm calling my shrink shortly and telling him what happened and will ask him if I should be taking phenobarb to prevent another one happening. I've never been so scared. and it's my own damn fault for drinking again.:sad::mad: I suppose I deserve to feel so bad but I don't want to die.

2. danni

danni Chat Buddy

:hug: drinking is a hard thing to get off but deep down i know you can fight it hun. talk to your dr about the medi you are taking. i'm always here if you wanna tlk :hug:

3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Get checked out by a doc a.sa.p. :hug:
    Hope it was nothing more serious that a faint.

4. theleastofthese

made it to the end of day one and feeling a bit better, tho still really dizzy and weak. I slept most of today, hope I can sleep tonite. I hope I can learn from this what I don't seem to have learned so far: that I cannot drink and that if I don't stop, it will just get worse. I don't want to drink myself to death. thank you for caring.:hug:

5. theleastofthese

woke up at five thirty am on my second day and feeling agitated and my heart is racing like I just ran ten miles. I'm trying to keep busy so I won't think so much about it. I washed four days worth of dishes and did two loads of laundry. later today I will vacuum and mop these filthy floors. It would be nice for my daughter (she's at an overnite and monday college visit) to come home to a clean house. thank you all for not "yelling" at me and telling me my faults and such. I will NOT drink today.

6. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

You should be very proud of yourself!!! :smile: Keep pushing forward!

One of my fave quotes says: Think of failure as an OPPORTUNITY to start again, this time more wisely! Hope this helps!

7. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

hun we wont yell at you for drinking :hug: perhaps you should get proffesional help with your drinking again? if your physical well being isnt improving please go and see a doc asap. Have a louvely time with your daughter staying over.
    Beret xxx

8. diver200

diver200 Senior Member

Least, my dear, I think this is beyond your own ability now. If you are having seizures, then you do need to be on some type of anti seizure medication. You need monitored treatment. Get yourself to a hospital.

You can do it, but I really think you need some medical help and support. Okay? You know I would not say this if I didn't think it would be best for you. We've been through a lot together already. So trust me and get help. Soon!

9. theleastofthese

My shrink reminded me that the neurontin I'm taking (for anxiety) is also used as anti seizure. So I guess I"m covered on that end. Now coming to the end of day two and feeling more like a human being and less like a collection of nerve endings on fire.:dry: I have some cravings but can't do anything about them as I havae no money. So there's a deterrent.:dry: I'll just hang on and take it one day at a time.:smile:

:hug:

10. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

That's a good attitude!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.