Fern's - a - hurtin'

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Fern17, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fern17

Fern17 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,

I am just writing because I have been apart of an online forum for people with mood disorders, on and off for about 3 years now. And in the past week or so, it's like some kind of WW III has erupted. And after reading a post today by someone I've never even seen on there before, who attacked me (but was careful not to use my username, though we all know it was me), I wrote back saying it was my last post.

Part of me feels sad because there are some great people on that forum. And I don't want to let the "bad guys have the power" so-to-speak. But the reality is that I don't have the energy, or even the inclination to enter any kind of a "fight" or even debate. I don't think some of these people are capable of debates. With the anonymity of usernames on the internet, it's just so easy for people to attack and be mean; meaner than they would ever be in person.

I'm glad I found this forum. It's a fresh start for me. I do need support and I do think it's useful and helpful for me to be able to be supportive to others, as it gives me the perspective I need to help me keep going.

In any case, thank you to all of you.

Fern :unsure:
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Fern, and so sorry about your prior experience...can you continue to contact ppl there through MSN or alike? Hope you have a more supportive experience here and please PM me should any difficulties arise...big hugs, J
  3. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

well if it was for mood disorders you have to expect that kind of extreme up and down. but if that's a factor of being on the site then don't be. The people on their probably didn't want to hurt you, they just where moody..lol
  4. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

You know what is best for you.
    I'm sure you will find this site most helpful and very supportive to you.
  5. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

:welcome: to sf.

Lea :arms:
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Fern,
    I am glad you have become a member!! I think you will find alot more support here. And you have a variety of forums you can go into depending on how you feel each day.
    I'm sure you will find a few bad apples but the mods are pretty quick about putting them in there place. I have seen very few who were that hatefull. I have found that for the most part every one here really cares about each other, probably because of the similarities in illnesses.
    Well I just wanted you to know we care and you can PM me anytime you need to talk. I am on the forum all different times day and night because I don't sleep much. Take Care!!~Joseph~
  7. porcelain child

porcelain child Well-Known Member

Heyahh Fern...

I was on a forum very similar to yours i think... there was lots of bullying going on and there was liars too, saying there friend who was also a member had died and then a year later they would reappear...

It messed me up too... so i am hoping like you this place will be much safer...

8. Fern17

Fern17 Well-Known Member

You guys are so awesome! Thank you! I really do feel very welcome here. And though it takes time to truly feel apart of anything, I'm starting to wriggle my way into this forum quite nicely, I think.

I do know that forums are difficult on the best of days. It's easy to misconstrue messages; it's easy to take things the wrong way....and it certainly doesn't help when someone is especially angry or attacking.

In any case, thank you for your welcomes. You are all fabulous!!!

Fern xo
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.