few feet away from a cliff

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by GA_lost, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

Last night I burned myself first time in two months. Seems to have been a spark for my mood to nosedive. Next step suicidal ideation? Feel so useless in trying to help suicidal friends. All I can do on a forum is write to the person and then wait and hope. My life is lived alone except for appointments and calling my parents. Feel like I am looking a few feet away from a cliff just a few more steps and I will be at the edge. I am so numb now can not really fight this off. All I want to do is go to bed and forget about everything.
  2. triggs

triggs Account Closed

hey hun, i'm sorry you're feeling so low :hug:
    i know it's hard when there's noone to talk to much, and when you're distanced from friends who you want to help but this forum does have an impact on people - we're not just computers, we're people who care - it's just a different medium, like a phone. is there noone you can talk to in person to make you feel better. maybe a friend?
    keep talking to us, and know you are helping people on here even if it doesn't feel like it.
    stay safe hun :hug:
    laura xx
  3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I know it's frustrating ... sometimes it really does seem like all we can do is talk to people, then just wait and hope. But it really can have an impact. We really can help people here.

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time. I hope you'll talk to us about what's going on.
  4. justafool

justafool Well-Known Member

"Waiting and hoping" sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. So try to be as pro-active as you possibly can be, both here in the forum and also in the real world.
  5. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Sorry to hear you so down. I was taking care of my mom for several days and kinda lost touch. Please send me a pm and let me know whats going on!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.