Few questions...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by gag, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gag

gag Well-Known Member

I'm thinking I might be Bi-Polar,I've been suspicious of it for a while, I fit allthe symptoms quite well, my old doctor suggested looking into it too but I refused it at the time.

So what I'm wondering is, would a family docotor be able to determine whether or not I am Bi-Polar, and if so, is there anyway I would be able to keep it from my family and employers? If it turns out I do have it I have to tell them, or else they'll find out sooner or later. Problem is, I'm not sure if that can affect my job, I'm thinking it likely will.

Another thing, is there medication for being Bi-Polar?

Thanks.

2. no point

no point Well-Known Member

As far as I know, you would have to go to a psychiatrist for definite diagnosis and proper medicine. Also, you don't have to tell your employers if you are diagnosed as bipolar. Why do you think you have to tell them? From your post, I assume you are over 18 so you don't have the psychiatrist can't tell your family either. If you wish, you can tell your family (if you are diagnosed as bipolar) when you feel comfortable about telling them. Hope that helps.

3. incognito

incognito Well-Known Member

Lithium.

4. ThoseEmptyWalls

ThoseEmptyWalls Well-Known Member

It is very difficult to diagnose bipolar disorder. Even mental health experts can miss it. The difference between normal old depression and bipolar: the lengh the episodes last.. Yes theres many medications available to treat it.. Good luck to you..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.