Few Weeks

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by little lucy, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. little lucy

little lucy Active Member

I haven't hurt myself in a few weeks, but I keep getting more urges it's super annoying. Drinking helps, but I am trying to not drink as often. So, I don't want to drink today. I'm not to the point of being suicidal yet, but I always get there as the day goes on. I'm not sure why healthy coping mechanisms don't work for me.

2. ChestnutMay

ChestnutMay Antiquities Friend

I'm sorry you're in so much pain. How are you doing today? You mention healthy coping mechanisms haven't helped you - what kinds of things have you been trying?

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Drinking alcohol is only covering up and masking the real issue which is the abuse, ring a hotline if you feel like cutting, go to a therapist, psychiatrist or friend, anything you find helpful. You need to come face to face with your issues that you are masking. I know how hard it is, it is very hard but it's possible. Drinking all that alcohol can damage your liver and i'm sure you do not want that.Please seek professional help.

4. little lucy

I'm not masking anything. I've already dealt with everything face to face more times than you would even believe. That's all I do is constantly deal with shit.

5. little lucy

I have tried writing, reading, exercise, singing, talking, coloring, music, etc.. And I'm not doing okay today.

6. Petal

That is hard going. Perhaps its time to see the psychiatrist (not therapist)? They can teach you methods of dealing what you are dealing with. A good trick for sexual abuse is to draw a picture of him and place it on the bed and keep punching the picture, it's a healthy stress reliever.

Good luck!

7. little lucy

I have seen one they don't care.

8. Petal

Try another, the majority do care and will try and help you. Is seeing a different one an option?

9. ChestnutMay

ChestnutMay Antiquities Friend

little lucy, sounds like you've got some good creative coping mechanisms. When my own coping mechanisms don't help sometimes it helps to try something completely new - the joy of "Beginner's Mind" can sometimes help me get into a better frame of mind. It does sound, however, that you could use some help from a therapist or psychiatrist and I'm very sorry to hear you've had such bad luck with them so far. I've had some doozies myself in the past so understand your reluctance, but there are a lot of good ones out there. You just have to keep trying. Of course, that's the last thing you feel like doing when you're depressed. It's unfortunate that there are not more patient reviews out there available to speed up the process.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.