Fewer and fewer logical reasons to face the next day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vee

I'm so tired of fighting.

I'm not a good US Citizen, i'm not employed, nor very employable. I don't buy into the BS, I don't lie well, I am not competitive.

I don't like our divided politics here. I don't like the fighting.

I don't like the destruction of the planet by humans, I don't like that I can't do anything to change humans as a species.

I'm sick of "individualism", I'm tired of having no friends and finding a lot of people who don't seem to want or need any friends.

I'm tired of finding it harder and harder to find any logical reason to go on to the next day as a human, much less as a species.

Axiom

Account Closed
Maybe try not to let the aura of "the human race" dictate how and when things for you should be developing.
The hardest thing is to seperate yourself from things that everyone else makes out to be important. Especially when it is important, because sometimes you can get sucked into the general concensus instead of seeing if this important event is so important to you.

Im just saying, if the human race is destroying the earth, and it bothers you, but you currently do not know how to help enhance humanities perception on life/earth, and combat the destruction caused by some humanbeings, than perhaps this fact shouldn't be so important to you, as compared to how important is it to improve yourself.

Just helps to be able to control your perspective so you can use your emotions to help motivate you to progress in a direction that is important to you. But it's very difficult to find out what is important to you if you are constantly bombarded with what is important for everyone else, or atleast what they currently think is.

Just thought it was interesting that you refer to yourself as a bad US citizen first, and a journeying human being last.

Daphna

Ninja of light
I found my love for humanity and myself in my faith. I prayed to Yahweh who I called God at one time, and I asked him for his guidance, wisdom, and understanding. He blessed me it, and as I read his word my eyes and ears opened to the wisdom inside. This worked for me, and I am able to keep focused on who the real enemy is. Blessings..

Vee

Maybe try not to let the aura of "the human race" dictate how and when things for you should be developing.
The hardest thing is to seperate yourself from things that everyone else makes out to be important. Especially when it is important, because sometimes you can get sucked into the general concensus instead of seeing if this important event is so important to you.
Unfortunately the biggest unfilled hole in my life is a strong desire to be around people.

Just thought it was interesting that you refer to yourself as a bad US citizen first, and a journeying human being last.
Because i'm broke and unemployed and they only hire good little robot workers that act like proper followers.

I found my love for humanity and myself in my faith. I prayed to Yahweh who I called God at one time, and I asked him for his guidance, wisdom, and understanding. He blessed me it, and as I read his word my eyes and ears opened to the wisdom inside. This worked for me, and I am able to keep focused on who the real enemy is. Blessings..
While that's good for you it doesn't work for me. I'm just too logical to have faith.

Axiom

Account Closed
Unfortunately the biggest unfilled hole in my life is a strong desire to be around people.
Perhaps you should try to understand why you feel the need to be around people. Or even better, since you feel it, why not try to be around people.
Though I suppose by being around people you mean people you can connect and share moments with.

I couldnt tell you what to do, basically you've said what you think part of the problem is. Perhaps maybe a group of volenteers who wish to promote the protection of earth and the lifeforms on it? I mean only that, you would meet some people who might think on some of the same terms that you do. And volunteering opens doors. Beisdes from the skills they may train you with(if you use your enthusiasm they might offer to train you in certain things), you could also be networking yourself to finding jobs/training and situations and events that you can presently contribute to, while finding things out about yourself.

Because i'm broke and unemployed and they only hire good little robot workers that act like proper followers.
Yar some companys do. Not all though! Don't forget, that if you percieve yourself to be not a robot, someone else does, and that someone else might be a load of someone elses working for a company.

Forgotten_Man

I'm sick of "individualism", I'm tired of having no friends and finding a lot of people who don't seem to want or need any friends.
I know what you mean with this statement. Then again I am learning people do not fully appreciate what they can easily obtain.

Vee

Perhaps you should try to understand why you feel the need to be around people. Or even better, since you feel it, why not try to be around people.
Though I suppose by being around people you mean people you can connect and share moments with.
I believe that the rise in online gaming is to make up for a lack of real-lie interaction.

I try to be around people in real-life but I do not enjoy most activities that "normal" people often engage in.

I couldnt tell you what to do, basically you've said what you think part of the problem is. Perhaps maybe a group of volenteers who wish to promote the protection of earth and the lifeforms on it?
Unfortunately I think we are past the point of no return in regards to "taking care of the planet". Otherwise I would agree with you.

I mean only that, you would meet some people who might think on some of the same terms that you do. And volunteering opens doors. Beisdes from the skills they may train you with(if you use your enthusiasm they might offer to train you in certain things), you could also be networking yourself to finding jobs/training and situations and events that you can presently contribute to, while finding things out about yourself.

Yar some companys do. Not all though! Don't forget, that if you percieve yourself to be not a robot, someone else does, and that someone else might be a load of someone elses working for a company.
Yes, but nothing feel like it's worth the effort.

Society has become a system in my opinion whereby it has become acceptable to take what one can get from all facets of life and from all people encountered.

I have worked for over a decade repairing computers and now I can't find anyone willing to even allow me to do that on a volunteer basis.

I am learning people do not fully appreciate what they can easily obtain.
I completely agree.

Axiom

Account Closed
Unfortunately I think we are past the point of no return in regards to "taking care of the planet". Otherwise I would agree with you.
I donno! I wouldnt count the future out just yet. We can't percieve what will happen tommorrow.

empty101

I used to be very depressed and now I'm a whole lot better. I just come to this site because I feel I can help people and every now and then I'm lonely :p

Every time I tell someone this they tell me I'm wrong, but here goes.

The reasons you think are you depressed are not actually the real reasons. When you're depressed you care about all the pain in the world, violence, annoying political things, whether life has a purpose and so on. When you're happy none of these things matter. Someone who is happy isn't happy because they don't care about these things, have their own answers or are okay with them but because they have the other things they need in life. So don't make the mistake I made and many others by thinking they really matter.

What you need to do is to find and fulfill the things that make you happy. In your case it's friends and belonging. Believe me I've been there where it feels like there's no one in the world you can talk to or want to talk to. The difficult part of the situation is that your lack of belonging/friends makes you depressed and it's extremely hard to make friends while you're depressed. I mean no one wants to hear you talk about how awful you think your life and the world is.

You'll probably have to overcome whatever barriers are stopping you from making friends. If you have no hobbies and nothing to talk about you'll have to get some. If you have things to say but are just too shy there are programs and stuff that will help you overcome shyness (or you can do it by yourself slowly). If you have no means of meeting people you'll have to join a club. If you're too judgmental to like anyone you'll have to stop being critical of others and accept that you need them. And so on.

Personally, the thing I did was take a job that was extremely mentally and physically difficult. When you're concerned about a lot of painful external things you really don't have time to be depressed. It's easy to make friends when you have to talk about things that save your butt from suffering. It can really ground you back to earth, plus you have a whole new group of people around you that laugh at suffering for a living. I'm not suggesting you do this, just sharing my thoughts.

Anyways, depression is something you have to fight. When those thoughts enter your brain you have to stop thinking them and distract yourself. You're unemployed and that's definitely a major source of your depression. When you have nothing to talk about, no one to talk to and nothing to do you are DEFINITELY going to be depressed. So go out there and find stuff to do. Maybe the first time you find something to do you'll regret it and it won't work out well but KEEP TRYING. You'll start to learn the things you're good at, the things you like doing and will eventually find yourself enjoying yourself.

You don't enjoy the things most people do because you're depressed. Everything sucks when you're depressed. Find the things you need in your life, get better and you'll start to realize a lot of things that people do you enjoy doing as well. Depression is a cycle like that -- things suck because you're depressed and you're depressed because you like nothing. You have to keep trying things and pushing every aspect of your life for the better and eventually you'll start making progress and the cycle will get better and better.

I've been where you are and I know you can get out.

Goodluck

Vee

The reasons you think are you depressed are not actually the real reasons. When you're depressed you care about all the pain in the world, violence, annoying political things, whether life has a purpose and so on. When you're happy none of these things matter. Someone who is happy isn't happy because they don't care about these things, have their own answers or are okay with them but because they have the other things they need in life. So don't make the mistake I made and many others by thinking they really matter.

What you need to do is to find and fulfill the things that make you happy. In your case it's friends and belonging. Believe me I've been there where it feels like there's no one in the world you can talk to or want to talk to. The difficult part of the situation is that your lack of belonging/friends makes you depressed and it's extremely hard to make friends while you're depressed. I mean no one wants to hear you talk about how awful you think your life and the world is.

You'll probably have to overcome whatever barriers are stopping you from making friends. If you have no hobbies and nothing to talk about you'll have to get some. If you have things to say but are just too shy there are programs and stuff that will help you overcome shyness (or you can do it by yourself slowly). If you have no means of meeting people you'll have to join a club. If you're too judgmental to like anyone you'll have to stop being critical of others and accept that you need them. And so on.

Personally, the thing I did was take a job that was extremely mentally and physically difficult. When you're concerned about a lot of painful external things you really don't have time to be depressed. It's easy to make friends when you have to talk about things that save your butt from suffering. It can really ground you back to earth, plus you have a whole new group of people around you that laugh at suffering for a living. I'm not suggesting you do this, just sharing my thoughts.

Anyways, depression is something you have to fight. When those thoughts enter your brain you have to stop thinking them and distract yourself. You're unemployed and that's definitely a major source of your depression. When you have nothing to talk about, no one to talk to and nothing to do you are DEFINITELY going to be depressed. So go out there and find stuff to do. Maybe the first time you find something to do you'll regret it and it won't work out well but KEEP TRYING. You'll start to learn the things you're good at, the things you like doing and will eventually find yourself enjoying yourself.

You don't enjoy the things most people do because you're depressed. Everything sucks when you're depressed. Find the things you need in your life, get better and you'll start to realize a lot of things that people do you enjoy doing as well. Depression is a cycle like that -- things suck because you're depressed and you're depressed because you like nothing. You have to keep trying things and pushing every aspect of your life for the better and eventually you'll start making progress and the cycle will get better and better.

I've been where you are and I know you can get out.

Goodluck
I'm not depressed as it were, I'm pissed off.

Right now I'm stuck waiting for the economy to turn around so I can get a job and hopefully move forward, no matter how happy I am I can't change the recession, I can't make someone hire me that is not offering a job opening.

And as for people, I can't change people, instead my only real option is to go someplace where people are more accepting and more friendly because I'm not going to change who I am, and I shouldn't have to change who I am.

Avarice

I try to be around people in real-life but I do not enjoy most activities that "normal" people often engage in.
I'm in the same situation - drinking, partying, etc., is not my thing, yet it seems to be all everyone around me ever does. I know how difficult it can be to want to make friends and be close to people so much yet find that the people around you just don't want to know. They either already have a bunch of friends and don't want any more or are too self-absorbed to give a damn. It really does suck, but that's just life. Get a pet, they can offer far more support and love than any hormonal, quick-to-judge, self-centered human being ever could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00