Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by MoAnamCara, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

I swear it's done on purpose at times. Received an upsetting msg from a family member. Pretty much saying wtf, as in why I hadn't responded to a msg (online) that was sent over weekend. Well, excuse me. A couple of weeks ago I opened up to these ppl which is not a normal occurrence, in An attempts for help and understanding. One said they would call, they never did and I never heard from the other one. And now they give me grief about not responding to a one word msg?

Seriously. Are they trying to push me? I know it probably sounds ridiculous but I can't do this shit.
  2. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

Heard the expression the straw that broke the camels back? I found when I'm well at the lowest ebb it's the smallest thing so please don't play it down, if it affects you then it's not small. But please remember sometimes people other how the little things can hurt, and please be gentle on you
  3. Jainey

Jainey Active Member

I trying to be strong and not dwell on wishing people were different. It's so hard it's like grieving for someone even though they are not dead, and that's makes it all so hard.

I still reel in shock in how people have treated me. Today someone made me jump and i had a complete melt down, pathetic.

I do feel your pain, and totally understand the way you are feeling. People are shit and too complex....
  4. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

I gave up on my family years ago. Disowned the lot of them. Decided the hurt wasn't worth it. Wouldn't recommend it. It can be very lonely. It worked for me. Sorry Mo you're not in a good place now and any hurt is one too many. Hugs.
  5. Much afraid

Much afraid Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Mo, family is the hardest I think. Be good to you and try not to let them push your buttons. :(. ❤
  6. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

That does sounds ridiculous my friend, family can be the worst as members do not see others clearly sometimes. If you are the one who always coped, who is always quiet and never seeks attention, then asking for that attention confuses them, it's like asking for something you are not allowed.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2013
  7. flowers

flowers Senior Member

It is so isolating when we are not part of that family strcture. Even when the family structure is so very dysfunctional. Wanting family is such a natural way of being. Especially when we are in deep states of grief. They seem so clueless and unconscious. vent as much as you need to. Because they are very hurtful.
  8. Stisme

Stisme Active Member

9. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Thanks to you all...

Windle you hit the nail on the head, Sir, in many ways.

I just hate having opened myself up to them, because its not me. I keep things to myself in that regard, particularly with regard to them.
  10. CGMAngel

CGMAngel Well-Known Member

People like to categorize each other in very black or white terms. For example, if you have always been the one to help others and put their needs before your own, then in their eyes that is who you are - 100%. It would never occur to them that even the strongest helper is still human and sometimes needs comfort and reassurance.

Mo, I could tell you so many stories of people (family members included) who have resented me because I "dared" to step out of my caregiver role for five seconds and shift the focus onto me.

Someone once told me when I was much younger that one day I would pay for being so giving, thoughtful and caring. It sounded like nonsense at the time, but that person was right.

Mo, what matters the most is not where the love and support come from, as long as it comes from somewhere. One such "somewhere" is here. I hope you will never feel alienated and misunderstood on this site.

11. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

CGM - Thanks.
  12. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: I can relate to you. If you're not getting support from them, I do hope you are getting support elsewhere. Good luck to you :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.