Fight fight fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Beauty

It looks like a piece of wood and is almost hard enough to be wood; yet for 66-year-old Ellina, this is dinner.

She's holding a six-year-old dried cow hide. We can't even begin to imagine the sort of desperation that would drive them to eat an animal skin in order to survive, but this wizened old piece of skin was all Ellina and the 12 members of her family had to eat after their crops failed last summer.

"We kept it in case things got desperate." However for one of Ellina's sons, it was too late. He died from malnutrition leaving her with four children.

Ellina said, "I've never experienced anything as bad as this. It's very painful."

Ellina's family have now received food and our partners are offering seeds, fertiliser, tools and training to secure crops and food for those facing chronic hunger. While this year's harvest has improved, people are still experiencing hunger and even starvation.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
it is so devastating the suffering of the world i am sorry you werenot able to save her son i am glad you came and saved the rest god help all that are suffering so

plates

How has this got any relevance with eating disorders and the suffering that people here are experiencing?

Last edited by a moderator:

Warm Hands

The post is to help give perspective. Many people suffer from eating disorders because they want to look beautiful, but seeing what others in the world have to go through makes us appreciate the availability of food more.

This is still not related.

Scum

The post is to help give perspective. Many people suffer from eating disorders because they want to look beautiful, but seeing what others in the world have to go through makes us appreciate the availability of food more.
This is still not related.
Was that what you received in PM? Why was that not posted or stated on here? (what was said in the PM that is, not whether or not you should have said that was the PM- I think I have confused myself now).

I also don't see the relevance. I suspect this comes from someone who has not struggled with restricting behaviour (and very possibly no sort of eating issue), although I could be wrong, so apologise if I am.

Eating disorders are not actually about food, it is about some sort of inner pain, and it is just 'shown' with food and issues surrounding food. So, I agree, if the aim is to try and put things in perspective, then this will not work because its unrelated.

plates

Black Beauty educate yourself about EDs before posting things like this up- because to some, including myself it's an insult. An insult to one's suffering because of the lack of understanding about what an eating disorder is.

Your perspective shows how little you know about eating disorders and why someone might develop them.

the lack of understanding about what an eating disorder is.

Your perspective shows how little you know about eating disorders and why someone might develop them.
Agree with this part.

I don't take it as an insult because I don't think that BB is deliberately ignorant (Ignorance literally meaning "without knowledge").

But yes, hearing things like "Why don't you eat? People in Crapakitstan are starving!" really ticks me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00