Fight For Your Life

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by tilly, Sep 30, 2007.

1. tilly

tilly Member

I have no idea how I survived my attempt. I'd planned it so well and I was so determined. I know that I wasn't even capable of thinking what it would do to my husband and son who I love so much. I just wanted to get away from myself as fast as possible. I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror anymore. It is a long road back. And the right path can be so hard to find let alone follow. But I believe that everyone has a way back. You just have to sort through all the crap to find it. And when you do it is well worth the effort. Nothing is worth suicide.
    Pain does go away eventually. Nothing is permanent. (Ask a Buddhist.)
    12 months from now every single one of us will have a whole new set of problems. It's guaranteed. And the ones we have now will be either be sorted or forgotten. It's true. Where are your problems from this time last year? Do you even remember them? Most of them have dissappeared haven't they? You got past them! Same next year. All new problems. (Yippee.)
    NEVER judge yourself by what other people say about you, or worse... What you THINK they are saying about you....who are they anyway? Healthy happy people don't feel the need to slag others off. Have a good hard look at THEIR lives...
    "Normal" is a cycle on your washing machine, there is no other normal. Look around you. Everyone has some quirk, and everyone has something they are ashamed of that they hope nobody will find out about..I've got heaps. If people put you down then you need to ask yourself why they feel the need to make you look small. Usually because its the only way to stop themselves feeling inferior to you, and they are trying to divert attention from their own faults.
    Loneliness is truly awfull. FORCE yourself to get out. Charity and voluntary work is a self esteem builder,it helps you to meet good people who are generouse of heart and makes you a valuable, much needed asset to the community. You won't regret it and the people are ALWAYS really happy to see you. Guaranteed. Feeling depressed just sucks so bad. You must get help. Male or female, my advice is just cry your eyes out and don't hold back. It relieves the tension and you won't feel so bad, you'll sleep better too. Really let go.... And wait. It will get better. These things aren't easy to do. But YOU are the only person who can change things. You must make a start NOW. DO something positive to try to change the way you feel, even for awhile. Positive action brings positive results. Negative action (no action) brings negative (no) results. Nothing changes, if nothing changes. Keep fighting for your life

2. kath

kath Well-Known Member

Hey Tilly i dont think ive spoken to you before so welcome to the forum!!i think you speak some very wise words and thank you for sharing your experiences with us.im sorry youve had such a hard time but im glad to see you coming out the other side and sharing that with us.i was inspired by your post.Am also here if ever you need me on your journey and will be glad to listen!I hope your life continues to get more and more positive.Again thanks for sharing your story with us and well done you for coming through!!kath