Fighting petty feelings...not working

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by kittyD, Jul 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kittyD

kittyD Well-Known Member

Hmm, I'm really fighting with myself over this one.

I usually have no problem with not feeling petty and bitchy over things, but...this time I'm having trouble keeping a smirk off my face and out of my voice.:unsure:

Quick background--my ex's mom is a twin, fraternal and her and her twins families [kids] were close when growing up. As adults we hung out for a while with one of the other couples, having kids, buying homes etc...Over time we realized that they just weren't people we liked to be around, they talked about us, were that kind of materialistic who either had to pay way more than others or get a way better deal, had lots to say when we split up..we all know the kind. Anyhow, we just drifted away on purpose, but the twins have trailers in the same summer park, so we would run into them occasionally.

To the point, their 2nd daughter who is 16 is pregnant. :sad: Now before I go any further, I have the utmost dismay and sadness for her, as I would for any 16 year old.

But.....There is a part of me , that just feels like their karma has come home to roost and while I'm not delighted....I still kinda have that 'those in glass houses..'

This is so foreign to my makeup that its bothering me, I'm working on letting it go...

Maybe I have to accept that, gasp ,I am human and get these less than stellar feelings from time to time.

kittyD

2. You do NOT have to be "stellar" (least of all - according to someone else's standards!)

Revel in that which gives you 'private pleasure' without the 'obligation' to feel you must pay for it. A wholesome sense of IRONY is a rich possession - and actually, replete with valuable insights - that many others, sadly miss!

I have a neice who became pregnant at 16 - her mom having been one who had FIVE children from FOUR fathers. Gratefully, thankfully, WONDERfully - she is really is an exemplary mom (and so is her boyfriend a Dad - AND his family - SUPPORTIVE!).

Shit happens.

Some NEVER learn.

Some like to "Sweep-things-under-rug"

In all I've ever seen...that only makes for a REALLY lumpy rug!!!

:wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.