Fighting to get better, fighting to live, fighting to survive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody ever been at their wits end with their depression but instead of crying (because you've cried your last tear and there isn't anything left in you), you're exhausted, you're sick and tired of it all, you look to the devil on your left and you see suicide, you look to the angel on your right who tells you to fight for the life you deserve.

You pick the angel.

That's where I am right now. I've picked the angel and I'm going to fight this. Depression robs you off your energy to fight, but if at any time you get a second wind, use that time to fight it and fight it hard, punch it right out of the water, it's like a little goblin gnawing at my ankles and I keep trying to shake it off but it holds on for dear life, so instead I'm gonna have to punch the little bugger off.

Things that are helping/have helped me:

- Group Therapy (ask your Doctor).

- Bullet Points 1 - however many (attacking one thing at a time is way easier than trying to do it all at once).

- You don't always have to try and get to the bottom of your depression. Sometimes you can first look to the future and then when you see hope, try finding the source (better done in therapy, if you start digging alone, you may find yourself back at square one).

- Friendship. I know it isn't easy to find and I know being friends with people who aren't depressed and can't understand sounds more than scary. So try and find friends who are in the same boat. Maybe suggest a meet up in your town via Meet Up.com or Suicide Forum or Gumtree.com for people who suffer from depression and want to talk, group therapy is another good place to make friends.

Good luck and take your time. It won't all get better in one day. And if you get a knock, tell yourself it was just one knock, I won't let this stop me from pushing through. fate is trying to knock me over but I'm like one of those WibbleWobble things, I won't topple over. :)

History

Has anybody ever been at their wits end with their depression but instead of crying (because you've cried your last tear and there isn't anything left in you), you're exhausted, you're sick and tired of it all, you look to the devil on your left and you see suicide, you look to the angel on your right who tells you to fight for the life you deserve.
you are lucky that you still can see the angel. as for me, there is only suicide in all directions and there is no hope at all.

There's always hope History, it's just hard to see it sometimes.
You've gotta really want to see it. No matter how dark it gets there's always a tiny bit of light.

Bambi

Hi Lins,

Thanks for sharing uplifting thoughts...I fight like hell and with everything I got too.

I thought you I'd share this site with you ...don't know maybe not your thing but sure has helped me.

greatday.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00