Figured I might as well introduce myself!

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by alyssaswoon, Oct 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alyssaswoon

alyssaswoon Well-Known Member

You can call my by my username, most people I know do anyways.
    I joined because I've been searching for help for my problems all throughout my life and no one seems to be able to understand/do a thing for me.
    I'm 22 years old now and I've been suffering from crippling depression and anxiety since I was 12. All the doctors I see seem to think it's a "phase" or I'm just looking for medication so I can get high, it's unbelievably frustrating.
    The worst part is not having anyone to talk to or relate feelings with, which is the main reason why I joined this forum.
    So hello all!

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi alyssaswoon it is so frustrating when professionals belittle what you are going through. YOur right so many here will understand you hun and not judge you at all hugs welcome to SF

3. letty

letty Banned Member

Welcome to SF , I hope you continue to read and post , theres alot of caring people here, hang in there.

4. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi alyssa - welcome to SF, a really caring place where you can write it all out and people will hear you and give support. I know the feeling that things might seem incurable with no answers, I've been there myself when I was your age too - and it's been a lifetime's journey finding what I needed........ but that's OK - life is for learning, and there is certainly plenty of it to be had :) If you'd like to PM anytime, please do

5. alyssaswoon

Thanks everyone! I feel great about posting on here even more now.

6. scromlette

scromlette Member

Hello!

You know, for all their studying and degrees and all the empathy they have, I find that even though doctor's "understand" depression, they don't really know what it is. They couldn't unless they had it themselves. :/

It sucks that you have been battling this for so long, but at the same time it's beautiful how strong you are to keep pushing on. If you need anything, just to chat or vent, please don't hesitate to message me.

7. alyssaswoon

Thanks a lot. :)
    I know, the last therapist I saw pretty much gave me a list of books to read (all self-help books) and said, "Make another appointment after you've finished reading those and see if they don't change your perspective", talk about lazy therapy.

8. empty101

empty101 Well-Known Member

The best people to talk to are those who have been in your situation.

Welcome, and feel free to spill your miseries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.