final fantasy 13

Discussion in 'The Gameroom' started by ZombiePringle, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

anybody buy/play it yet? I got it for the 360 and only really had time to play for maybe 30 minutes.
  2. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

You beat me to it! I was gonna ask the same question. haha I saw a commercial on TV today and it blew me away!!!! It was so cool. I was talking to friend of mine earlier about how I felt the jump, graphically, from the PSX to the PS2 was bigger than the jump from the PS2 to the PS3. But I take it back. I mean it's amazing. :eek:hmy:

I still haven't finished FF12. I'm still stuck in the sewer level. Aarghh! :) FF12 is cool, though. Anyway, I should get a PS3 for sure.
  3. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Got the 360 version. The battle system is growing on me but Square need to go into rehab for their cutscene addiction. It's getting too much now, almost up to Xenosaga standards of interruption.
  4. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I got Battlefield BC2 instead for the 360.

It's kickass so far online, haven't tried singleplayer yet.
  5. i-am-from-the-moon

i-am-from-the-moon Well-Known Member

final fantasy is hardest game iv played on 360
  6. ZombiePringle

I kinda have to agree on the cut scenes. There does seem to be a lot more than usual. Although the graphics and gameplay on this FF are quite amazing so far. Although I am only about 2 hours in and have a very long ways to go considering that's its a 3 disc game.
  7. neohume

neohume Well-Known Member

ff lost its way with 12, i used to be a big ff fan but i'm not gonna waste my money on this. square was good, enix can go fuck themselves. they trashed a great series.
  8. Jehuty

Jehuty Senior Member

Played the game for over 18 hours now.
    Still can't move free though the game, you're forced to stay within the stories line.

They say the game opens up after chapter 11, so I hope I'll be able to go explore and do side quests.
    Also the summons are pretty useless, they are so weak, I think a Chocobo would be more deadly.. :huh:

Another thing that annoys me is that there don't seem to be cool attacks that you can use, it's all pretty much the same for each character.

Though I really enjoy the game, there so many things that could be better.
  9. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I haven't played since 10 or so, but Enix really screwed the pooch for good game quality.
  10. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

lol XD
    Well, I normally watch all of the cutscenes before the game comes out in the U.S-- but this year's different, I guess.
    My friend, M is playing the game FOREVER too! lol
    I've heard that it isn't the best-- but it *is* a FF game... so it's already ranked pretty high no matter what.
  11. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

Hey many people always say that Final fantasy 7 is the best of series. Do you guys agree? Just curious. :)
  12. ZombiePringle

FF7 definitely had some of the more memorable characters. Was it my favorite FF? Not sure on that honestly.
  13. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

I've only ever played FF7 and FF10. Both of which I never completed lol. I really enjoyed FF7 from what I can remember and really hope they make a remake.

My roommate just got FF13. Actually some friends and I got it for him for his birthday. He's clocked like 15 hours on this game in under 2 days. He's been playing non stop lol.

I wish I had the time to do that :(
  14. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I played FF7 and FF8. Back then it was awesome. But now i can't stand Jrpgs. The linear stuck on rail gameplay is boring. I prefer Elder Scrolls series and Bioware games.
  15. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

Want to if I had the time......*sigh*
  16. ZombiePringle

I love oblivion. Played it a lot before my call of duty addiction :tongue:
  17. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Banned Member

i lost my bf to it for a while :p
  18. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

My brother got it for the 360 the day it came out here in the UK - it's an OK game, but definitely not the best FF of them all; just the one with the best graphics.
    As for FFVII; it's way too overrated but still a good game. Not a favourite of mine though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.