finally forgotten

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Wastingecho, Mar 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

Yesterday was my birthday

As of this morning, I got 1 birthday message from someone I know but will most likely never meet and 3 "greetings" from websites I use

Not even a card from wife, kids, any family

Thought I would be used to it by now but it still hurts

But I realize that this is actually a sign

If no one cares about when I was born, they won't care about when I die

I can take the next step now without worrying about anyone else

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sorry hun your family did not celebrate your birthday with you. Perhaps today the will remember I hope that YOU treated yourself kindly on your birthday and bought yourself something that you wanted.

Happy Belated Birthday Wastingecho.

3. Wastingecho

nothing for me

grocery shopping, laundry

sending wife to arizona to visit daughter so no money to get myself anything - honestly not sure i would if had money anyway

this morning is so very hard - sitting at my desk at work and all i keep thinking is that i need to be dead

no value here or at home

stress making it hard to breathe

i don't want to go through this again

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'm sorry your family treats you the way they do... :(

5. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

6. Wastingecho

Don't want many more

Don't want ANY more

Not a celebration for me - only makes me look back and wonder why I kept going

Just 1 more year that I didn't die

that's not a life worth living

7. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

What have they done for your previous birthdays? Is it the same behavior from them every year?

8. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

My son didn't bother with my birthday for over 10 years, as he lives with me that is so hurtful; he wouldn't even wish me happy birthday on the day.
    Suddenly, last year he did mark it and I think this might be because he has also ignored mother's day until last year I actually told him how hurtful it was to me.

I don't know if that would work for you, but it's worth a try.

In the meantime, :birthdaysong:

9. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

:hug: I hope you know people here care, and haven't forgotten you.

10. Wastingecho

Family has been doing the least they can for awhile

No point in telling how I feel because it's what I deserve - it just reinforces my insignificance in the world

11. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Sorry your family forgot about your birthday, know that people here do care. It was very inconsiderate of your family to just forget. I wouldn't do that to a family member but I worry as the years go on will I end up alone. Anyway, we care here and there is a happy birthday thread for you in well wishing.

12. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You need to reinforce your significance to them as without you and all you do where would they be

13. Wastingecho

In the end they'll be better off - I can't do anything useful any more - can barely stay awake until 8:30 - I spend so little time with them as it is

They'll adjust in no time

14. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Hey Terry is right, mention it to your family. Maybe they got the impression for some reason that it meant nothing to you and is respecting your wishes. I'm just trying to suggest tons of reasons why they didn't. But just mention it. Do you have a family member near your birthday? I'm more inclined to remember my family members that falls on my birthday month but not exact date. I even can't remember exact day my parents birthday is I tend to undershoot or overshoot by few days every year. My sis is always reminding me the exact date

15. Jay19

Jay19 Well-Known Member

As others have said maybe your family thought it meant nothing to you so didnt bother celebrating it. Mention it to them so next year they will do something for your birthday. They are better off with you here and them not celebrating your birthday is not a reflection on how much they care for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.