Finally getting action, but...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by aoeu, May 24, 2010.

1. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I can't feel anything through my penis during sex. Any idea what that could be about? :\

2. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

hmmmm maybe loss of sensation perhaps, i think you need to goto your doctor because their might be a underlying cause

3. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

Not having a penis, I wouldnt know what kind of sensation you should be feeling, but I know that I had very little sensation when I first started having sex. Dont know if thats the norm or not :unsure:

4. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Yes, I've heard from a few guyfriends that with certain girls; they don't have much feeling at all.
    It could've also felt off if you were super tired, or sick... if there was zero feeling at all though; you might want to ask a doctor.

5. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Are you wearing condom? Maybe use some "pleasure helpers" like cock rings... or different positions also help a great deal.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2010
  6. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

For vaginal sex, yes - but it's not that it's dulled, it's completely absent. To see if I'm even inside her I need to look. For oral sex, there's no condom, and there's only sensation when I hit teeth :\

And I'm hoping for a solution that doesn't involve face-to-face interaction with anyone...

7. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Are you taking certain meds that might numb your feelings?

8. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I'm only taking quetiapine (Seroquel) and semisodium valproate (EpiVal) which do not appear to have this side effect (though they can cause erectile dysfunction, which is not a problem for me.)

9. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Is this your first time? If so, perhaps you are thinking too much and not relaxing yourself. Mood is a big factor. Or maybe you are too used to masturbation, which is very different.

10. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

First time in years, in any case. I wouldn't suspect mood to be a problem, usually it's fairly giggly sex :)

Oh, and it's not been just one time. We've had sex a number of times over the past couple of weeks, always the same results.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2010
  11. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

You do feel it when you masturbate, don't you?

If you do, then I'd think that it's something psychological.

12. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I've actually seen one useful theory so far: I grip too tight while masturbating, thus raising the sensation threshhold excessively.

As for the possibility of psychological problems... I've got no shortage of those, like most here. I have no idea what could cause a problem in this regard... Maybe that I'm in love with another girl? I hope that has nothing to do with it, I'd much rather get over her. :\

13. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I think you are not too please with the vagina feeling loose and not tight enough. If your partner is up to it and feels comfortable, maybe try anal?

14. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I have severe problems of my own with masturbation. I'm really hoping sex will be different with another person.

15. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

She's not going to be up for anal. Gonna have to try another route

16. moko

moko Active Member

Here's a quick sensory test that I would like you to try. I'm a physio student so I can somewhat <<help>> you (LOL)

Try relaxing a bit in a comfortable position and do these steps:

have one finger lightly touching your forehead or cheak and the other one touching the tip of your penis and try to detemine if there's a difference in feeling. Try to note down if it's reduced sensation or just absent. Repeat on along all 4 sides of the penis including the area between your testicles and your anus (perineal area, the most sensitive region in men) Again, try to determine if sensation by touch is reduced or absent.

Another test is deep pressure. Basically it's the same as #1 except you use a pointy object like a safety pin and you want to determine if you can feel deep pressure/pain (There are similar receptors).

If both or one of these tests are positive (your sensation is impaired), it could be caused by something affected your dorsal nerve of the penis or the pudendal nerve, a nerve that insures sensation in that area including the anus. If that's is the case, you will need medical attention...

If both tests are negative (aka you have full sensation) and that you are able to get an erection ok , my best guess is that it could be the vagina's anatomy that limits your sensation or it could be psychological. Have your tried creams or gels that enhances sensation? In this case, it could be interresting to see if it improves sensation.

Anyhoo, good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2010
  17. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

It's apparently fully sensation... :\