Finally getting around to doing this...

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Broken Wings, May 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Wings

Broken Wings Well-Known Member

I've been around for a few month, but thought I'd finally introduce myself, realising I never did. I think the best way is to just give a brief history?

My name's Sarah, I'm 16, and have been in a state of chronic low mood for most of my life, began cutting when I was 14, was diagnosed with dysthemia in November last year, and had a suicide attempt in January this year.

I've had two hospital stays for my depression, am on meds, still go to the doctor most weeks.

My sister, mother, father, grandparents... you name them, it's almost certain they had depression, so I'm just a genetic fact.

My parents divorced in '01, and I now live with my mother and step father.
    I'm a lesbian, and have good support from my family and friends for it.

I changed schools in September (having moved closer to Sydenham), stayed there for the semester, this big episode happened, so my Doc told me to come back to my old school, where my friends are. (Happy there.)

At Sydenham, I got close to one of my teachers, and she helped me quit cutting. Since I've moved back to my original school (Frontenac) I haven't seen her at all, and it presses on me hard. I've since took up cutting again, much to my disdain(I think that's a good word here).

While at Sydenham, I made a friend, but around Christmas he took advantage of me, and I didn't try to stop him, despite not wanting it to happen. That also weighs heavily on me.

Recently I've been trying to get back in touch with my old teacher, but my only method of doing that is by asking my 'friend' to talk to her for me. So I asked him to give her my email. I'm not sure I can trust him, he said he gave it to her two months ago, and that she seemed interested in talking to me. But I haven't gotten an email, and I trust her well enough to know that if she wanted to talk to me, she would have sent the email, if she had it. So I'm stuck there, I'm not sure what to do, because if she does have my email, and just isn't bothering to talk... that hurts. But if my 'friend' is just lying to me... well, that still hurts because he says he cares about me, but it wouldn't be surprising.

Also, the girl I believe I love(she's bi) told a friend of mine (gay boy) that she doesn't view me that way and never will, and he told me as much...

So, to sum it up, I was in a ditch, started to crawl out, and got hit with a stone, knocking me back.

I hope that wasn't too long, or too boring...
  2. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Official, belated welcome to the forum
  3. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

hi sarah

welcome to the forum.

have you tried contacting the school directly, might be worth a try, it seems this teacher was a great help to you.

stay safe hun

pm anytime

4. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Welcome, Sarah. That was a nice introduction. I do hope that you are able to get back in contact with your teacher. She seems like a lovely person. :hug:
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi sarah, welcome to the forum :hug:
  6. Gunner12

Gunner12 Well-Known Member

Belated Welcome!!!

Keep trying and you WILL get out of the ditch.
  7. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

(A very belated, but warm) Welcome to SF Sarah! Feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk.

8. Broken Wings

Broken Wings Well-Known Member

Thank you all for the welcomes...

I sent Ms Kirby a letter to the school through the mail today, so I hope that I will get a response, which should allieviate a lot of the stess and depression I feel right now.

Because other than those three things, I feel pretty good about life, it's just that those things mean more to me than everything else, making me feel lke crap because they aren't working out.

Or at least I keep telling my self that.

Thank you all again, good luck.
  9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum Sarah. I hope your teacher contacts you soon. It is nice to have a support system under you for the bad times. :hug:
  10. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome Sarah. I hope you manage to get back in touch with your teacher...sounds like she was a nice person. *hugs*
    Take care,
    Aimee x
  11. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum Sarah
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.