Finally going to go...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by LenaLunacy, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

To the doctors. My gran has expressed concerns over my mental state, and a couple of my friends think it's very possible I'm suffering clinical depression. If this is true, i may be able to get more help at college and not be kicked out. And i can probably get councilling and maybe meds for it.
    But i have, like, no idea what to say when i go into the appointment :/ Anyone got any ideas?

2. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I always say, 'I've been feeling down' and then when I say that they start asking about the other symptoms of depression, so it's a good starter. Good luck, it's a good idea to go because when I went my college were really good and gave me a few days off and extensions for all my work. Hope it goes ok for you.

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Most professionals experienced in treating depression will have a list of questions to ask about how you are doing and exactly how depression is affecting you...your 'job' as such, is to see how right the fit is between yourself and the therapist/Pdoc, and what you feel you need to intimately express who you are and what is going on in your life...best of luck and hope you find relief real soon...J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.