Finally got it to work..

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Xistence, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xistence

Xistence Well-Known Member

I finally got my gag reflex to work. I didn't think I would be able to vomit after so many years. I have a question though... Does purging cause a loss in weight at all? Has anyone who purges lost weight with it, or is it mainly for self esteem? Just wondering if I should get out while I still can.
  2. aki

aki Well-Known Member

well um i'm not certain but i think i heard your body just absorbs the calories anyway, before you vomit, so it would have no affect really.
  3. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

You can lose weight if your body is not digesting food but you generally lose water- get dehydrated and constipated and feel generally sick or go on a binge/purge cycle because you feel hungry again.
  4. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

It wont make you loose realy weight. Like the person above me said, it's mainly just water weight. Plus... it can get addicting. The binge/purge cycle isn't a pretty one. :( If you ever want to talk, I'm here, hun. :hug:
  5. It will actually make you loose weight.
  6. DrownedGirl

DrownedGirl Well-Known Member

Yeh you will lose weight ..but loose your health to. Belive me.
  7. alison

alison Well-Known Member

I know some people who have lost weight from it and some that haven't. However, to answer your second question about whether you should get out of it... yes, I really think you should. Not only does it get incredibly addicting, it is also terrible for your health. The acids in your stomach will rot away your teeth, you could get heart problems, and you could tear your esophagus and I'm sure there's more. I don't want to sound like I'm lecturing you, cause I'm not. I mean, I've definitely been there and tried to force myself to vomit, and although I was so mad I couldn't do it... in my saner moments I realize it's a blessing in disguise. It's tempting, but it's really not good. Be careful hun. :hug:
  8. not neccersarily
    ive seen people lose weight from it and still live.

9. alison

alison Well-Known Member

^^ true, but it is still dangerous. be careful guys :hug:
  10. meagainstme

meagainstme Well-Known Member

i havent lost any weight from it, and my head effing kills. ive got a major headache from it right now. and yes its so addictive and secretive...i say stop. im trying to.
  11. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

You lose weight in the beginning, but it really just hurts you in the long run.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.