Finally Got Some Help

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by alyssaswoon, Nov 23, 2012.

1. alyssaswoon

alyssaswoon Well-Known Member

After overdosing and ending up in the hospital I thought my life could never be good again, but thankfully I was wrong.
    As bad as the situation was, it brought me to rock bottom which gave me the courage to ask for help. Now I have two new therapists/psychiatrist's that understand me completely and they don't judge me for my past either. I thought I was beyond help for years, but now that I've started therapy again life is looking up! I'm in the process of getting new medication to help with my depression/anxiety and have weekly visits to talk and get bothersome things off of my chest. I really feel a lot better about my life now because I know I'm not beyond help anymore.

My main point is: no matter how bad you think you are you can always get help, all you have to do is gather the courage to ask. Who knows, it could change your life for the better. I know my life got easier to tolerate knowing I have people there to help me along, no matter what.

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I am really happy that things are working this way for you. What a wonderful and positive change! :smile:

3. Moat

Moat Banned Member

A bad as anything can be in life, sometimes the best thing to ever happen is to find yourself hitting the bottom, as that is often the only thing in which you can really grasp your situation and be able to make that conscious decision to improve your life by asking for help or letting everything swallow you up. Very glad that you were able to choose the former and am now working on a more positive future. :bubbles:

4. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Absolutely - wonderful news, well done Alyssa, that is so good to hear :)