Finally I have something to be positive about.

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by carebear32, Mar 2, 2013.

1. carebear32

carebear32 Well-Known Member

I've decided to join a depression and anxiety support group. I found one in my area and my first meeting is next Monday. Ironically my Social Anxiety Disorder is making me a little nervous already, but the more I think about it the more I feel this is the right thing to do. I haven't told my therapist about this as I get the feeling she wouldn't approve. I'm just trying to find any way possible to keep myself out of the hospital.
  2. learningnave

learningnave New Member

Good to learn that. I am sure it will be helpful to share experiences and support with those who are closer to understand how it feels to be in your shoes. I never tried it. Hope you profit from it and can make friends. And do tell about your first impressions. :)
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think hun your therapist would be delighted that you are reaching out for help hun Mine wants me to go to group therapy but i just don't have that in me Hope all goes well hun
  4. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Sounds like a great thing to do. I would imagine anyone joining such a group would feel nervous. Especially having social anxiety. But you are not letting those normal feelings stop you. Good for you !!!
  5. Active Member

I think it's great you are brave enough to do this! Congrats,really Good luck and hopefully this experience will really help :)
  6. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I agree it is very brave and best of luck to you
  7. carebear32

Tonight is my first meeting with the goup. I'm getting more nervous as the hours tick down. I'll let you know how it goes.
  8. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hope your meeting goes well and do let us know how it goes
  9. carebear32

Well, I've just gotten home from my first group. It was really informative and to know that so many people have the same difficulties was a comfort. For some bizarre reason I feel more relaxed than I have in ages.
  10. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

So happy for you. Well deserved result for being so brave and conquering your fears.
  11. carebear32

I felt like I was floating on air after the group was over. Might have made a new friend too, which was very unexpected. So all in all it was a great night. I can officially say that joining the group has been my best decision so far.
  12. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

Dear carebear – it’s good to hear the happy outcome of your decision. Undoubtedly you felt drawn to this experience by your inner guidance. After all, it is your Highest Self, who knows the way of all things. You will always be the wise one if you follow its advice. Keep on listening within what it is trying to tell you at any given time and it will show you all the way back to good health and a measure of happiness, too. With love – Aquarius
  13. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

Good for you i hope it works out for you.