Finally off it.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by A_pixie, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

After two years of cocaine abuse I'm finally off it. I had to get this off my chest because I have only just arrived in uni and don't want anyone to know about what a fuck-up I was.

I don't even miss cocaine I was under so much stress and pressure because of it, it made me paranoid and made me not care about myself. It really clouded my judgement.

Does anyone have any recovery tips, I'm finding it hard in uni because everyone seems so nice and I feel like they wouldn't understand the horrors I've seen over these few years therefore I'm finding it hard relating to people. Thank God I had the sense not to try crack. I recently had to call the police while visiting my parents back home on my old best friend because he was trying to sell crack to 17 year olds. I honestly think I got out just in time.

It's good that I'm off that stuff, but did anyone else feel weird with a new group of friends, unable to relate to people who had never been through the bad place that is drug addiction?
  2. Isabel

Isabel Staff Alumni

I hope you are so proud of yourself Pixie. You did one of the most difficult things anybody can ever do, beating an addiction. I dont know of any trick myself but there must be some online resources that do. maybe some rl support groups in your area as well. that would be even better.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Wow way to go h un I would make sure i had some concilling support okay at the uni just to have a place to vent. Also hun maybe there is a group you can join that will connect you to people with same interest as you withing the school Is the anonymous meetings you can attend after school as well just so you have some support to stay clean hugs to you
  4. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Well done pixie!!!! I would probably speak to a doctor so you could try and get some counselling during rough times or to help you through times of cravings so you can learn distraction techniques etc.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.