finally

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamTetsuo

I just texted my friend that I haven't had contact with for about 4 years. He was my best friend but I don't know what to call him anymore. I haven't seen any of my friends for 4 years! It took about 90 mins to write it and finally press send. One of the scariest things I've ever done, (I cried twice) and when I finally tricked myself into pressing send I felt a massive wave of panic wash over me. Crazy.

I know I've done a good thing but I feel really scared!

Don't know if this is the right place but I feel really uncertain...

Can't believe I've done it - four fucking years

SinisterKid

We either find a way, or make one.
SF Supporter
Well that took some bottle, kudos on managing to do that one, I doubt I could have pulled that one off. I sincerely hope he gets back to you after you went to that amount of effort to drum up the courage to try and cantact him again.

IamTetsuo

He's one of the best people I've ever known. He's texted me every so often for four years with no reply. That makes me sad, I hope I can see him again.

IamTetsuo

We sent a few texts back and forth and everything was ok. I'm gonna try to meet up with him quite soon, hopefully a couple of weeks or so. It still feels really nervewracking but it must be done!

SinisterKid

SF Supporter
We sent a few texts back and forth and everything was ok. I'm gonna try to meet up with him quite soon, hopefully a couple of weeks or so. It still feels really nervewracking but it must be done!
Most excellent my friend, I hope it all goes extremely well, which I am sure it will do.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
So glad to hear this. Well done you, you should be proud :)

IamTetsuo

Awwww, thanks guys. Hopefully I can get in touch with my other friends too. Maybe even go out and do something..... fun?

SinisterKid

SF Supporter
Mention THAT 3 letter word again and I will see what I can do about having you removed from this place :p

Just kiddin as I am sure you know. But it really is good news and I am well pleased for you.

IamTetsuo

So, update! I went to see my friend and it was really great. We went out with his wife had a drink, a meal, more drinks, a few smokes and everyhting was great and effortless and good fun. I stayed over and the next day we had a youtube sesh and talked for hours and had some food; talked about things we might do in the future such as hiking and camping. It was cool because I could open up a bit to him without any pressure and he said that he felt much better because some things had been stressing him out lately.

This might seem like pretty ordinary stuff but I haven't had a social outing for over four years and I recently described txting a friend like trying to jump out of an airplane to a therapist! so it's important for me to acknowledge what a big step this is.

Frances M

Mountain Woman
So, update! I went to see my friend and it was really great. We went out with his wife had a drink, a meal, more drinks, a few smokes and everyhting was great and effortless and good fun. I stayed over and the next day we had a youtube sesh and talked for hours and had some food; talked about things we might do in the future such as hiking and camping. It was cool because I could open up a bit to him without any pressure and he said that he felt much better because some things had been stressing him out lately.

This might seem like pretty ordinary stuff but I haven't had a social outing for over four years and I recently described txting a friend like trying to jump out of an airplane to a therapist! so it's important for me to acknowledge what a big step this is.
I think it's wonderful! I haven't been in a social setting for....well, over 20 years maybe? I'm glad you took that step :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00