Finals Hell Week approaching

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by randomguy9, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. randomguy9

randomguy9 Put's the "Pro" in Profanity Chat Pro

Well this week is "Gigantic projects week" and next wee is the official hell week... where I, and other students at my college put there jobs, social life, diets, on hold, sacrifice fun, family time, and sleep all in an effort to put as much time into studying as possible... This is always a triggering time for me.

two questions

1. Anyone have advice for how to handle triggers/prevent the thoughts and stress from being triggering.

2. Anyone else going through this hell week? Maybe this thread can become a little short term mutual support group for us.

2. ghazi

ghazi Well-Known Member

one suggestion: SLEEP!

sleep sleep sleeep sleeeeeeeeeeep.
    It recharges the brain and body and lets all the gunk and clutter floating around in your brain get cleaned out.
    other ideas: drink more water than usual, and (seriously) if possible get a massage, professional or otherwise. drink water before and after. the massage will get toxins out of their hiding places and into the bloodstream where the water will take them away.

Also...and this is gonna sound weird...wear comfortable shoes. its the little things that irk us, so let the little things help you on your way

3. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

Work out. That's my favourite activity. No better way to take out the stress lol .

4. jjjoooggg2

jjjoooggg2 Well-Known Member

I was told by our college that bright lights are more relaxing during study.

Also, take many short breaks. You won't burn out as fast.

Eat well. Google food for studying.

Youtube "pranks" for laughs.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2010
  5. ghazi

ghazi Well-Known Member

yea, i agree. laughing is good. relieves tension and it will trick your brain into thinking that studying is a fun activity.

6. randomguy9

Well fuck...

Here it is thursday and it looks like I have lost a paper i need for my english class...

How the hell did i screw this up... Says on teh sylabus if i dont turn in the rough draft of this paper with the final then I fail the cource... and of cource I cant find the one that the professor marked.

Well maybe I wont bother will finasl hell week... an F will be an almost unbeatable trigger.

7. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

nooo you have to bother! i know you dont wanna but just think, after this is all over you will be done and at peace as opposed to triggered and suicidal. youre almost there!!! good luck!!!

8. randomguy9

That is the thing... it wont be all over... the many (and I mean many) hours i put in will be for nothing... I will have found a way to find failure at the brink of success again... all because I after so many years still lose important papers. I can't go through English class again... i sacrificed fun, family time, and my social life to do well and that wasn't enough... I told myself at the beginning of the semester its success or death... I can not bare failing again.

9. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

Physical exertion is clinically shown to be more effective than placebos and not doing anything to fight depression.

10. randomguy9

Well aparetnly i had left that paper in school... got placed on top of a stack of work that somehow was left in the room. I should be relived but I feel amost as triggerd as before... what in the world is up with me?

11. randomguy9

Well that paper is not a concern... other then the standard anxiety about the grade.

We got a different essay back with the chance to revise it... and I talked to the professor and he gave me some sugestions... problem is i can not find sources to research it...

Between that and my normal studies i feel rediouclsly triggerd... I know I shouldnt, i have a shot at getting As in all my classes... (other then one that I may have failed IDK) but i still feel stressed... GAH

12. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

Make sure you're taking some time out for yourself. It'll help with the stress. Play video games, watch a show or do some sort of physical activity. It will keep you sane and you'll get through!

Good luck:wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.