Find it hard to make friends

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Sparkz, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparkz

Sparkz Well-Known Member

since i moved from london to northamptonshire 2 years ago ive found it really difficult to meet new people and make friends! :sad:
    im quite a shy person and dont like people getting to close to me, due to trust issues, but sometimes i get really lonely!
    ive recently joined a football team, but have failed to bond with any of my teamates
    ive never really had a best mate who i could rely on and trust....a true friend
    just get really lonely sometimes
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

There are quite a few UKers here. Perhaps someone is close to your area and you could meet up. :hug:
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello Sparkz,

Welcome to SF. Do you have any college/work friends? Maybe you should do an evening course or something:unsure:

I'm always here if you want to chat x

4. Sparkz

Sparkz Well-Known Member

hey Lynn
    i havent been out much since i moved here, been to a few partys and stuff, but never really bonded with anyone! :unsure:
    i recently started a group in my area, where you talk to people about your problems, and i get on with a few people their.....
    ive recently been given a worker, whos around my age and takes me to the cinema and stuff so i guess im meeting new people
    but sometimes i just get really lonely and still find it hard to bond with people and let them in
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Aww, well it seems like your moving in the right direction. Keep working at it, you'll eventually get there :) :hug:
  6. Sparkz

Sparkz Well-Known Member

7. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I'm sorry things have been hard. But keep joining up to clubs and social activities and you'll get there. Sometimes making friends can be hard and an uphill struggle. But you'll get there. I'm always around if you want to talk.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.