Find the strength

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Lorax, Oct 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

Sometimes life seems impossible. I know it too well.. So much can go wrong, so fast. So much pain can seep into us, sleeping, or awake.

People can withdrawal from us, sometimes it seems like there's nothing that can save us.

But you've done something amazing, something very few people can genuinely understand. You woke up, decided to hold on another day, hour, minute.

You chose to come here, maybe for help. Maybe, to help someone else. You faced more than anyone else can understand, and decided to go through it.

How long have you been a member here? Few days? Weeks? Years?
    That's a few days/weeks/years you've had the strength to keep seeking support. To fight one more day, hoping things may change.

If you can live, with the pain of wanting to "exit" you are strong! If you don't get that new job, your relationship ends, or you have a more medical reason. You not only survived that trauma, you kept the strength to live.

You can survive, if you are in pain, no one can look down on you. You should be admired, for your strong desire to improve your situation. Or get through it.

Maybe one person you never met can't help. Maybe my words seem generic, or idealistic. I know it takes infinitely more than that.. But you have the tools to find more. You're being alive proves that.

Keep going, day by day, and find your reason that you came here, that you chose to hold out. That you have some desire to go on. You will find it one day.

"Stay classy"
    Lorax

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

each day i stay is a victory i admire all here that support each other to keep going

thanks for the great post

3. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

I thank God everyday I wake up to restart all over again even though it gets tough every night. I just fight it everyday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.