finding it so hard

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by amethyst, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amethyst

amethyst Member

I haven't self harmed before, but I'm going through a bad phase and during my last one I had the overwhealming urge to. This time it's beyond overwhealming, I am finding it SO HARD to resist and not do it. Because I know I won't be able to hide it. My mum will see the cuts. And then she'll freak out.

It's taking all my restraint to not do it. And I read the sticky about before self-harming and it has no effect, I can't help it. I just want to SO bad.

I guess I'm just posting here to ask for help on how to relieve the pain, without resorting to that.
  2. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Hey, I'm glad you're reaching out for support here. Talking as a self-harmer (well, HOPEFULLY a former self harmer) it is NOT the answer.
    I wont bore you with them all but I have found many alternatives to self harming that have worked for me. I'm sure most of them have been posted in this forum already.
    How about holding ice cubes until your hands go numb? Writing down how you feel? Doing exercise? Talking to friends/family/people that understand?
    I'm here if you ever need to talk. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.