Finding Less Reasons to stick around......

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Rolo555, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rolo555

Rolo555 Well-Known Member

Everyday Im finding less reasons to stick around. I feel like people are taking me for granted.
    Im 26, and live alone. Don't have too many "real friends". They have ones who atleast they go out with
    and have fun. I feel more like an "3rd wheel" nowdays. If I kill myself, they might miss me in the short run.
    But long term, they will forget about me.

I really wish I could just die by not commiting suicide. They say commiting
    suicide you go to hell. I don't believe that. To me, I feel like I am already there.

Besides I feel like my life has been predetermined. Everything which happens is already planned.
    Maybe me dying by suicide is the last page in my life of hell.
  2. odnox

odnox Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you're feeling so badly. You're around people here who understand. Stay here for a while.

You said you're "finding less reasons to stick around." What reasons do you still have?

Keep posting.
  3. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome.
    So, i know what you are talking about. Can I help? No. Can someone help you? Maybe... Someone from your real life.
    I can tell you that you can find more people like you here, or should I say more people like us. Yeah, maybe different reasons and different roads brought us here, but we are in the same boat now.
  4. Rolo555

Rolo555 Well-Known Member

Those few "real friends" even through sometimes I feel out of place. And that small chance of maybe things will get better. But that chance is getting smaller everyday.
  5. odnox

odnox Well-Known Member

Life is often like a roller coaster. There will be downs, but there will also be ups. The key is to just hang on and keep going, cause at some point it will get better. I know it might not seem like it now, but it usually does. Been on this ride myself for a long time. I know.

What is it about these friends that keeps you going? You FEEL out of place, but that doesn't mean you are. The fact that you're willing to not kill yourself because you have these friends, seems to me means they mean something to you. You probably mean something to them. Why do they want to hang out with you? What are some of the qualities you possess that they like about you? When was the last time you talked to them?
  6. wildflower

wildflower Member

Hello Rolo555,
    Just wanted to say welcome. Like me, I am also, new here. So far, while walking down this highway of life in darkness I reached out and found this site. There has been a lot of good people that has helped me. My thinking now is that one day I will find the light, that will guide me out of this hell and darkness. Good folks here.
    Welcome, once more.
  7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

There are times in our lives when we all feel like the 3rd wheel or out of place. I don't think your friends view you this way. If you are suffering from bouts of depression, that could be one of the causes. Our minds tell us things that simply aren't true, but we believe it anyway. Hold on to the reasons you have for living. Have you talked to your friends at all about your feelings? They would miss you if you weren't around. Not just for a short time, but forever. You don't forget your friends just because they are no longer around.
  8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Good Morning Rolo,
    What do you do for enjoyment or fun? When was the last time you did that? Why not get the few friends that you consider close and suggest you do something that you like.
    You have a whole lifetime ahead of you. You need to pick out the little things that make you feel good and build from that. What about a girlfriend or boyfriend? Do you have any notions of being with someone you already know? When you find someone don't be shy, take that step to show her/him you want to be more than just friends. I got faith in you! You found the forum, keep in mind that you have a support group here on line to help you.
    Well I hope you get back out there and get back in to the game.Take Care and if you need to talk then PM me....

Sorry about the him/hers but I don't know if you are male or female.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.