Finding life hard

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Joeyjo, Nov 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joeyjo

Joeyjo New Member

Hi,
    I'm not sure how to start this really, I guess that I need to know that this will get better and that I am not on my own. My wonderful friends and family have supported me for years and they don't know what to do with me anymore. I am between drugs again and feel so, so, low. I need a reason to stay alive. I need someone to tell me this is worth it.
    Joey-jo

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello and welcome to the forums,I can tell you it IS worth it. The fight is hard and feels never ending but you can and will get through this. Professional help is definitely the way to move forward. Therapy can help you move forward and get out of this black hole. Life can be hard, anxious feelings, depression, worthlessness feelings, getting a doctor to treat you is the way to go,have a look around the forums and see how others are suffering too but are getting through it and fighting this illness. We will be here for you, welcome again and I look forward to seeing you around the forums. Hugs (hugs)

3. Joeyjo

Joeyjo New Member

Thankyou for replying to me Petal,
    I see my gp - she is overseeing the switch in medication, just re-reading what I have written and realise that 'between drugs' may sound misleading. I have had various therapy and nothing has really worked. CBT has helped me to manage how I feel some of the time but sometimes I simply can't. I feel like everyone expects me to 'switch on' and I am running out of that ability. I asked to switch medication as I am desperate to feel 'alive' again but it sent me into a tailspin - made worse because I knew I was being irrational. I feel like there must be an on switch somewhere that will fix my brain but I had no idea where to find it.

xx Joey

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Try not to worry too much about the medication not working, this may sound depressing but it took me about 7 years to find the right medication, I have been on so many, remember anti depressants can take 6-8 weeks to fully show their effects, so you need to have patience too. What is your diagnosis and is your GP or has your GP referred you to a psychiatrist yet? You really need to and they are more trained in what to prescribe. What medications are you on? You are stronger than you think if you are writing here, remember that!! (hugs)

5. Joeyjo

Joeyjo New Member

Thankyou for replying - it means a lot to know that someone is listening. I feel like I am going mad. My official diagnosis is depression and anxiety, I take propananol to manage my anxiety and have just come off sertraline onto venlaflaxine to manage my depression. I have tried a variety of antidepressants some with more success than others. (Mirtazipine, citalopram, fluroxotine and some others that I can't remember). I take sleeping tablets to help me sleep can and can take diazepam when my anxiety is really bad. I have seen a psychiatrist before but not currently - it was a waste of time to be honest. No matter how hard I try I feel like I am falling and just to get up and function each day is a challenge. I wonder if I will ever be able to really laugh again. I am not convinced that anyone can really help me and that scares me because I am not sure how much longer I can keep doing this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.