• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Finding love is not easy

I am feeling unloved by the world, and this includes work associates, friends and family. I think people care, but they end up disappointing me eventually. If I am polite and kind, they stay at arms length. If open up and share my problems, I am too much of a burden. If I am honest and tell people when they hurt me or upset me, they get defensive and turn hateful. When I first meet people, they seem uninterested in meeting a new friend. Where are the people with love in their hearts? With empathy? I live in the US. Maybe I should move to Norway or someplace. If I was to die, I'm not sure anyone would care. Doesn't feel good.

I think a lot of people struggle with making close connections these days.

I think in principle, moving might help a little, but it would probably be worth thinking over where would be best to go.

I bet you can make some friends here, and also at an SF meetup if there is one near you :)

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Hi, welcome to SF. A lot of people here can relate to the things you're saying. I hope you stick around, you can meet some great people here. *hug

neutralbuoyancy

stuck in place yet again
I am feeling unloved by the world, and this includes work associates, friends and family. I think people care, but they end up disappointing me eventually. If I am polite and kind, they stay at arms length. If open up and share my problems, I am too much of a burden. If I am honest and tell people when they hurt me or upset me, they get defensive and turn hateful. When I first meet people, they seem uninterested in meeting a new friend. Where are the people with love in their hearts? With empathy? I live in the US. Maybe I should move to Norway or someplace. If I was to die, I'm not sure anyone would care. Doesn't feel good.
honestly i can relate to what you said all the way upto the norway part

Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️

§ Eclectic nutbag ©
SF Supporter
I feel like this a lot to be honest. I'm pretty sensitive and kind, but sometimes people tend to take advantage of that. It sounds like you need more supportive people in your life. I hope being here at SF will help.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$255.00