Finding obituaries

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Koji, Mar 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koji

Koji Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of a good way to search for obituaries online, especially if you don't know their real name or other details?

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Without real name I do not know how you would know it was the correct obituary if you saw it, much less how to search for it. Name is really the only way I am aware of to search, sorry no other ideas.

3. Koji

Koji Well-Known Member

She was a girl i knew from another form. I know her exact birthdate, the city she lived in, and also what she looked like (unless of course she was untruthful about any of that.) I also know the month and year she died. I've been using that information on various obituary searches but no luck yet.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Sorry but without a name this is kind of impossible. Do you know anyone else on the forum who may have known her real name?

5. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Sorry to be nosy but how did you know her exact DOB and her death but not know her name?

6. Koji

Koji Well-Known Member

Petal i'm not sure. So far i just asked what happened to her and no one has replied. The forum is pretty deserted these days.

DrownedFish her DOB was on her profile, and another member said the month and year she died.

7. DrownedFishOnFire

Ah. How did the other member know she died in the first place

8. Koji

Koji Well-Known Member

no idea, but i asked a guy who knew about how she died and he wouldn't tell me, and i understand he might have a good reason not to, but i found it infuriating

9. DrownedFishOnFire

Yeah it's super annoying that way. She must have been someone more significant to you to notice her missing on the forum.

I'm a member of another forum that has most members who knows each other in real life and if something happened and a member died, we all know/find out about it. Mostly due to facebook nowadays the information is more quickly given out.

10. Koji

Koji Well-Known Member

I actually didn't know her well at all, i don't think we ever talked. It was this other guy who mentioned it in a thread i was reading. Which makes it kind of strange as to why it's been tearing my heart out since i found out. I guess it's because she was only in her 20's, and her posts always seemed to be cheerful and positive.

11. DrownedFishOnFire

It will bother me too. Hope that guy gives you more information. Good Luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.