Finding Your Signature Style

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by RyanKey=MyLife, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyanKey=MyLife

RyanKey=MyLife Well-Known Member

Have you guys found your signature style?
    How long did it take you?
    How did you find your signature style?

I'm nearly 18 and don't have my own style, I'm into skate, emo, scene style, and I skate. But the way I dress atm is just normal clothes, like theres no stereotype. Although I do NOT want to fit into a stereotype, I want to dress Skater, Emo, Scene.

Now what I need advice with is I have no idea what to do with my hair(I dyed it red, which suits me the best, I have a side bang, but it doesn't like scene, any tips with that?

I'm just generally tired of looking average, I wanna have a signature style, mixed out of th stereotypes I have said :]

Like a Scene kid would generally look something like this:

Scene girl image by whitpay on Photobucket

And a chav would look like this:

http://s.bebo.com/app-image/79247301...4/10/chavs.jpg

And a normal person: (was the best pic I could find >.> )

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_P2WXqWL9qa...0/BigChest.jpg

2. plates

plates Well-Known Member

maybe you have your style without knowing it?

i don't think i have a style but many people out there have commented on my style :laugh: i think it was the huge heavy dark rucksack, my usual clothes and the cap. the last time when i was walking around sloane sq. some man with his friends with a big laugh and sunglasses said I LOVE YOUR STYLE REALLY I LOVE YOUR STYLE WHAT'S YOUR NAME?

:blink:

3. I don't believe that you can find a style and then have that particular style all the time. It changes all the time a little (a few years ago my backpack had many band-badges, then backpack got broken and in the time my music interest shifted, so i didn't put the badges on the new), ok but mostly it's the same style, mainly black cloth :)

If want to stay out of the masses the idea with the hairs is good. You could probably dye them in another second color (so to have two colors or so). Examples would be left half of hair color1 right half color2; tips of the hair in a different color; or other stuff like that.
    Sorry, i don't know what chav and scence (and your links didn't worked for me), so i can only say my ideas and don't know if they go in the complete false direction. Emos i know but they i have seen mostly with plain black dyed hair (which have many people).
    Think a bit and play around with colors...
    I can you tell what i have done:
    After around 4-5 month i had my dreadlocks (dark brown) dyed partly blond (~10% of them), actually wanted to get them white, but didn't worked :( then after some time i dyed the tips of the blond dreads (around 1-2cm) red, because of that someone called me match (little sticks to lit fire, i mean). And finally some month ago i dyed all the not blond-dyed dreads black (because of sunlight bleaching they had all different brown colors).
    But i would say my dreads are the only thing which goes into the direction induvidual / signature style, the rest clothes is for my music taste mainly average...

Wish you luck that you find something and will be happy with it

4. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Why not just dress how you want without worrying about having a "signature" style? I don't get what's so great about dressing like a specific group of people. :dunno:

5. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I first wrote out what my dysfunction was, lol. Then I wrote this as I'm leaving "ciao", now since I come back to lurk like an large man outside a Denny's, I think I'll just make it a nice little message of support. What helped me and whatnot.

6. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

I'm going for the hobo look. Haven't shaved or cut my hair in months.

7. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I, like Dysphoric above, just don't get the idea of "having" or "wanting" to dress as a specific group or to make one up. You're lucky to have enough money to buy clothes.

8. RyanKey=MyLife

RyanKey=MyLife Well-Known Member

I've edited the pic links so they should work now :]

One of you have asked why would I want to fit into a trend?

I don't want to fit into a trend, I want my own style, mixed out of the styles I have mentioned at the top(Skate/Emo/Scene) with my own edge :)

Another one of you have said I'm lucky to have money to buy clothes.

I don't actually have much money, my mum buys me a few things, but I'm only allowed like 1 item of clothing every couple of weeks :)

I kind of know how I want to look, but I don't know a good place to buy the clothes from in the UK :( Does anyone know a shop/online store that sells clothes that are generally different from what you could find on the high street with a decent price range? :)

I also think that make-up would finish my look, but the problem with this one is I don't know where to buy cruelty-free make-up :(

9. Carcinogen

Carcinogen Well-Known Member

Body Shop sells exclusively cruelty free make up.

I'd personally say, if you want your own style, then stop trying and just let it develop. It'll come with time.

10. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

How to find your style:

Choose hair that looks good.
    Choose clothes that look good.
    Act how you act.

Conformity is such a high school idea.

I'm personally a hybrid between athlete and nerd and pretty boy at the moment, quite by accident :p

11. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I used to worry about having a "style" all the time. I tried goth, skater, punk, emo, chav. You name it, i've probably tried it. But it wasn't until the begining of this year really that i realised, it's not about being a certain style. Its about being what you want to be. So sometimes i look chavvy, other times really gothy, i just wear what i want and whatever i feel like. As long as i'm happy what does it matter.

12. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Sounds like you are trying to fit in too many styles together.. I have been wearing the same style since I was 12..Strictly surfer dude..I'm 52 now and I am not changing my look for anyone..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.