Fingernail Biting SI.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Hematomania, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hematomania

Hematomania New Member

Does anyone else here prefer nail biting? I don't mean short, i mean like pulling the skin off from the nail. I feel like its the best because it calms my nerves. I know its unsanitary but i feel like i need to. If i bite my nails and don't taste blood I feel like i'm not trying hard enough, and once it starts i like to watch the blood and it makes me feel happy. Does anyone else do this or have stories to share?
  2. Ljt

Ljt Well-Known Member

Hi Daniel. I have bitten my nails for years down to the wick bit recently I stopped. The reason was that I actually cracked a tooth lol. So I stopped for a few months after I was on medication for anxiety and depression also but recently I have started up again. It gives me a release in a way and for that split second I am in control of what I do. It's strange. I know people bite nails die to being nervous as it's a common sign. But I don't do it due to being nervous.

You might do it because you have done it that often that it's just a natural reaction to do it. Like you get used to it and it's a thing you do. But I have tried to take my mind of it when I do and try and do something else to take it off my mind.
  3. Jagroen

Jagroen Well-Known Member

i have been ripping my entire nail out of my toes and letting the blood drip on a towel just to get a sense of feeling...starting to get numb with everything else..
  4. Sparrow91

Sparrow91 Well-Known Member

I bite my nails, always have. I started biting the skin around my nails too. I think it's a bad habit so I try to stop but it's difficult.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.