First Aid [LightTrigger]

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Will, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will

Will Staff Alumni

Does anyone else get triggered by the medical isle at stores? Like, if you see first aid kits and such. I still haven't boughten one. I really need to.

But I guess it's sorta weird, I've seen em a few times recently and I actually get triggered.:dry: Anyone else?
  2. rd9671

rd9671 Guest

It still amazes me that some of the simplest of things can be a trigger. yeah, I too can be triggered by seeing the medical/first aid supplies, along with other seemingly inocuous items. I sometimes find myself staring at the many items there and try to imagine new ways of partaking. Even at the agricultural store, where there are many vet supplies for the care of farm animals has been a trigger for me.

So, No, you are not the only one to have that sort of reaction. hopefully one day we will be able toget over it.
  3. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

The only things that trigger me is when something goes wrong, when I get yelled at, or when I mess something up. Little things don't really trigger me.
  4. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

Yes, I hate seeing all the medical supplies; most times I want to buy it all. I also get triggered looking at all the painkillers and stuff as it reminds me of my overdosing days.
  5. Will

Will Staff Alumni

Don't know, it's just sort of like a numb feeling for me, and it's like, I guess I think of cutting, and how it makes me feel. Or just the blood.:unsure:
  6. AJ23

AJ23 Member

i get many thoughts from seeing them, like remembering when i needed them, or i dunno it makes me feel special knowing how to use it, also makes me remember the hospital and how nice it was, it is triggering, makes me want to cut so i can take care of it (strange as it is)
  7. Will

Will Staff Alumni

Wow, you'd be surprised how much I agree with you. Hospitals, I seriously just get so 'numb' and it hurts in my wrists. I'm not sure why. It's not quite the same as needing self harm, but it is like a semi-trigger, of sorts.

It's strange, but yeah, it's like just strange.
  8. AJ23

AJ23 Member

semi trigger is a nice way of putting it, it's like a tap on the shoulder from your si
  9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Those things seem to get at me too. It is strange how you never know exactly when or what can effect you in that way.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.