First Birthday

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Socialman, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Socialman

Socialman Well-Known Member

Vinny's birthday is coming up. It's going to be the first birthday without Vinny. No texting, calling, movies, music, games, or ice cream cakes. What a lonely day of the year. I want to make up for it by buying her favorite ice cream cake. What do you think?

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I think you should do what makes you feel the best,and that sounds like a lovely gesture...I am sorry for your loss...J

3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss too
    you can do whatever you want for the anniversary
    whatever makes it feel right for you
    *hugs*

4. sosasoso

sosasoso Member

I lost my best friend 3 years ago.... ever since he passed myself a couple of my friends and his ex gf have got together on his bday to remember good times and celebrate how great a guy he was

even though ppl are gone its still worth celebrating their birth and how they changed your life

it really helps having friendly faces around on an emotional day like that but even the ppl who he was friends with that I hated help.... we kind of laugh at arguements we used to have

we always go to his favourite bars or restaurants and eat and drink the things he loved even if we hate them (baileys red wine beer and pepper chicken can be hard on the stomach!) but we know he wouldve been doing that this day and it makes us all feel close to him again

i dont know if you have other ppl you can share vinnys memories with but i know it works for me and my friends and doing the things that person loved to do on their bday really helps keep them alive in our memories

the 1st bday was definitely the worst i hope you get through it ok x

5. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

That's a good way to remember her. I'm sorry for your loss. :hug:

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Yeh you do what you think will make it special for YOu okay im sorry for you loss as well hugs

7. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

I am so sorry for your loss, and I do understand how hard it is.

You should celebrate her life and all the good times. And buying her favourite cake(s) sounds so sweet :)

:pinkrose::cake:

Take care hun :hug: xx