First Cut... wow, what a lame title

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Soon, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soon

Soon Member

Well, after spending about 15 minutes trying to rationalize that I didn't really just cut, the 2 giant streaks of red down my pale-ass thigh beg to differ

Not really sure what to make of it. I was surprised by my distinct lack of emotion during the whole thing. I was just sitting on my bed with the pounding noise in my head, and like it was second nature I reached for my swiss army knife and *zip* * zip* done.

Didn't make the noise go away. So either it was a waste of time or I didn't go deep enough. Who knows. Pretty lame eh?
  2. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

not necessarily. It could mean that cutting is not a negitive coping tool for you. come talk to someone next time hun, cutting s not a path you want to go down :hug:
  3. Soon

Soon Member

Perhaps. I'm still processing. It was move of a knee-jerk reaction to wanting to hurt something. So rather than hurt my cats (which i have never done), I went for myself as the target.
  4. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

i glad you didnt hurt your cats, but cutting isnt the way to go. Stop now before you get addicted because it really is a rubbish way of coping with things.
    If you are feeling angry, there are many other ways of clearing your head. Have you thought about talking to a doctor or anything?

5. Soon

Soon Member

I want to go back into counseling, but mental health treatment is so expensive in the U.S. Even if your insurance doesn't suck it's expensive. So frankly, I don't know where to turn. :sad:
  6. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

soon im sorry u felt so bad but trust people in here when we say hurting yourself isnt your way out. Cutting is only a one way road, like drugs, first time wont help, 2nd wont either, 3rd u will feel some sort of relief but after that it will start growing worse. just stop doing it and talk to friends or family or here, about what you feel and whats worriying you :)
  7. Cutting doesn't work for everyone.. maybe try breaking something or punching your pillow to let your anger out?

Don't expect your 'noise' to be gone.. cutting is just a way of relief and control.. so don't expect any miracles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.