1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First impressions of the suicide forum?!

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Petal, Oct 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hi there, I am Lynn (moderator of chat and the forums). I would like to know your first impressions of the suicide forum (SF). It is quite a big forum so I hope you do not feel overwhelmed. Take your time here, post an introduction if you feel up to it, even if its just
    ' for example!

Please tell us how you are finding the site, I mean that in both ways, how did you come across SF and how are you finding it so far?

Anyway, I would like to give a huge welcome to all our new members, I hope you find this site and the chat room supportive and friendly which is what we always aim for, please tell us your first impressions!! I truly hope your experience here will be a pleasant one!

Thank you

Lynn.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2015
  2. Dawnflash

Dawnflash Member

Hi, my name is Dawn,
    I love that you switched over to XenForo. I'm currently using another (undisclosed) forum running on this software and I own my own myBB forum soft, so I know this commercial thing has more to offer than the open source solutions out there, mostly in UX.
    So...that's my adoration for the frontend.
    Otherwise I love the idea of helping suicidal people like me by showing personal dedication and support. I know this forum saves lives, possibly thousands annually. In the modern era of digital computing, this one's a winner hooves down.

3. robroy

robroy Well-Known Member

I've only just found this forum a few weeks ago by googling suicide forums and started participating a few days ago. I'm very greatful that I've found it as it's already helped me out a lot and I feel very privileged that I am able to be there for people to help in their worst moments.

4. Ray Rayy

Ray Rayy New Member

I've read a few threads here and there and it's a great community here, everyones really helpful and does their best to help out, something which is rare on other forums. Very nice

5. islandification

islandification Well-Known Member

Not new but haven't been here for a while. See the layout has changed quite a bit and will take some time to get used to.

6. SadSoap

SadSoap New Member

I don't like it, used to go into the chat room, now it's gone, i can't even private message someone, instead i gotta post on their wall, the old format was so much better, i miss it. I feel like i will have to find another place, this was the best tho.

7. JmpMster

JmpMster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Should check out the tutorials in trouble shooting., You can send private messages, there is a chat room, and you can in fact use chat privately anytime to your friends without going into the chat room so if a friend is online you can just chat with them so there are more not less features. So far as the looks , you can change the design to look like the old forum as well (also in a tutorial in troubleshooting if you have not found the features by looking around).

8. Lazarusz

Lazarusz Member

It seems a big forum, which is nice. And the "Arcade" section surprised me a bit. And also the likes and followers. Well, I hope to hang around for a while.

9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I remember when I first found this forum being so frightened and overwhelmed with it all. I was afraid to post anything. For one, I was afraid to let my thoughts and feelings be known and also afraid to reply to anyone for fear of saying the wrong thing. It has been over 9 years now and some of those fears are still with me. SF is a special place to be. I wish none of us had the need to be here, but I am so glad it exists for those of us that do.

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I joined here when I was 18, I'm 26 now and very active here so SF has been a huge part of my life. When I joined I drank a lot of alcohol so posted a lot about my true feelings here and some probably didn't even make any sense. I did not enter the chat room for over a year due to anxiety but my impression of the forum was that it was extremely helpful, useful and a life saving tool. I am glad I joined here and I will always be on here helping others get out of the rut I was once in. These days I do not drink alcohol so no nonsense posts from me lol

11. Lazarusz

Lazarusz Member

Nonsense can be funny in a rational dose. And there are a lot of human beings trying to die, that I am afraid there won't be enough room for me. So I guess I'll queue up in the waiting line.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.