First impressions of the suicide forum?!

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Petal, Oct 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, I am Lynn (moderator of chat and the forums). I would like to know your first impressions of the suicide forum (SF). It is quite a big forum so I hope you do not feel overwhelmed. Take your time here, post an introduction if you feel up to it, even if its just
    ' for example!

Please tell us how you are finding the site, I mean that in both ways, how did you come across SF and how are you finding it so far?

Anyway, I would like to give a huge welcome to all our new members, I hope you find this site and the chat room supportive and friendly which is what we always aim for, please tell us your first impressions!! I truly hope your experience here will be a pleasant one!

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2015
  2. Dawnflash

Dawnflash Member

Hi, my name is Dawn,
    I love that you switched over to XenForo. I'm currently using another (undisclosed) forum running on this software and I own my own myBB forum soft, so I know this commercial thing has more to offer than the open source solutions out there, mostly in UX.
    So...that's my adoration for the frontend.
    Otherwise I love the idea of helping suicidal people like me by showing personal dedication and support. I know this forum saves lives, possibly thousands annually. In the modern era of digital computing, this one's a winner hooves down.
  3. robroy

robroy Well-Known Member

I've only just found this forum a few weeks ago by googling suicide forums and started participating a few days ago. I'm very greatful that I've found it as it's already helped me out a lot and I feel very privileged that I am able to be there for people to help in their worst moments.
  4. Ray Rayy

Ray Rayy New Member

I've read a few threads here and there and it's a great community here, everyones really helpful and does their best to help out, something which is rare on other forums. Very nice
  5. islandification

islandification Well-Known Member

Not new but haven't been here for a while. See the layout has changed quite a bit and will take some time to get used to.
  6. SadSoap

SadSoap New Member

I don't like it, used to go into the chat room, now it's gone, i can't even private message someone, instead i gotta post on their wall, the old format was so much better, i miss it. I feel like i will have to find another place, this was the best tho.
  7. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Should check out the tutorials in trouble shooting., You can send private messages, there is a chat room, and you can in fact use chat privately anytime to your friends without going into the chat room so if a friend is online you can just chat with them so there are more not less features. So far as the looks , you can change the design to look like the old forum as well (also in a tutorial in troubleshooting if you have not found the features by looking around).
  8. Lazarusz

Lazarusz Member

It seems a big forum, which is nice. And the "Arcade" section surprised me a bit. And also the likes and followers. Well, I hope to hang around for a while.
  9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I remember when I first found this forum being so frightened and overwhelmed with it all. I was afraid to post anything. For one, I was afraid to let my thoughts and feelings be known and also afraid to reply to anyone for fear of saying the wrong thing. It has been over 9 years now and some of those fears are still with me. SF is a special place to be. I wish none of us had the need to be here, but I am so glad it exists for those of us that do.
  10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I joined here when I was 18, I'm 26 now and very active here so SF has been a huge part of my life. When I joined I drank a lot of alcohol so posted a lot about my true feelings here and some probably didn't even make any sense. I did not enter the chat room for over a year due to anxiety but my impression of the forum was that it was extremely helpful, useful and a life saving tool. I am glad I joined here and I will always be on here helping others get out of the rut I was once in. These days I do not drink alcohol so no nonsense posts from me lol
  11. Lazarusz

Lazarusz Member

Nonsense can be funny in a rational dose. And there are a lot of human beings trying to die, that I am afraid there won't be enough room for me. So I guess I'll queue up in the waiting line.
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.