First Meeting Of The Fight Club Is Open

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Godsdrummer, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Welcome!

Agenda for today.

Name-Do we like this name or do we want to go with something else?

Groundrules-How do we help each other and everyone and do it with respect and love?

And we have to figure out a way to keep this from becomming a clique. We wouldnt want people being turned off my this.

Feel free to add whatever you like.

2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about the name, because I immediately think about the movie and instead of fighting to help, it sounds a little like fighting ala 'let it out' or fighting each other.
    I'm not sure if others have thought the same?

I think the first thing we can probably do to help is make sure no post goes unanswered, unless it's a diary of course.
    So we need to scan the unanswered posts section daily and make sure everyone has a reply to their thread, even if it's just acknowledging it's been read and to say I wish we could help and give them a hug etc. But I know for sure that a few people on here have given up because of having their posts unanswered, as they felt this was the one place they could come for support and nobody was listening.
    So maybe we need to listen and respond - even if we can't 100% help.

3. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I don't mind what the name is but Linds has a point, other people might see it and think of the movie.
    As far as supporting each other goes I think we should talk to other members and give them a chance to express how they're feeling without them needing to take the first step and actually post. Maybe there should be an icebreaker thread where we all say a little about ourselves to get to know each other better? Just ideas. :)

4. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

All good ideas.

I may not be of much help today, ironically I need your help today, perhaps!

5. Aurora Gory Alice

I think that's a great idea Mel-x. Have come across one person on here who was too afraid to post first time and I'm sure she wasn't the only one. So the icebreaker thing sounds really good.
    It's okay Bill, we're here for you!

6. Katii

Katii Well-Known Member

:) Thats a really good idea Mel
    I was scared to make my first post :O i think having something like the icebreaker would be much more helpful for people who have just joined :)

The name: Like we've already got
    HEAL- Healthy Eating and Lifestyles
    so the name could be short and which each letter stands for a word. I suppose people would remember it more than a long titled name.
    Sorry im not very good at explaining :(

Like Linds said about responding to the posts, that should be high on the list. As some newer people who have joined feel that because their new here and aren't getting any replies they aren't liked or whatever, and leave.

:hug: Bill

7. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Yeah replying to posts right away helps. I have read too often from people who thought they were ignored, when in reality people would read them and not respond, for whatever valid reasons there were.

Newcomers have a hard time with that.

As far as the name goes, I like the idea of an acronym.

I am just not good at coming up with one.

The word though should be something positive like LIFE or something.

8. Aurora Gory Alice

Good idea Katie. I'm rubbish at acronyms as well, but I'll have a good long think also!
    I'm sure between us we can come up with a good un!

9. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I like the name the fighter it sends the msg out we do not give in but i can understand why it could be taken wrong.

10. Katii

Katii Well-Known Member

LIFE - Living Is for Everyone
    - Life is for everyone
    Im not very good :p

11. Aurora Gory Alice

Something along the lines of 'fight' could still be in there. I agree with Violet, in the sense that it's what we're all trying to do.
    I suppose it's just the words Fight Club that might need to be changed but for something in the same vein maybe?

12. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I have got it!

LIfe Fighters

L iving
    I s
    F or
    E veryone

F ighting
    I n
    G reat
    H ope
    T hat
    E veryone
    R ecovers

Whadyall think?

13. Aurora Gory Alice

I love it!!!!

14. Aurora Gory Alice

So we're no longer Forum Buddies, we're Life Fighters.

I hope the admins will change that for us! :D

15. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

:biggrin:

16. Katii

Katii Well-Known Member

:love:
    Greattt :cool:

17. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Admin had a good point in a PM she sent me in a PM.

Your idea has some merit to it I think. You would have to be extremely careful though, I think. Some may view it as another SF "clique" because of the apparent rallying around those who join it.

So how do we do this without people perceiving us as a clique?

I kinda of think that we should be like forum buddies on steroids.

Cause I never thought of forum buddies as a clique.

But keep in mind part of my original idea on this, was not only to support the masses out there, but each other as well.

And you guys came thru for me, already today.

So I know this can work.

18. Katii

Katii Well-Known Member

Like you said. Today i think we have shown that we can make this work.
    Gonna be hard to make sure it doesn't come across as a "clique" as everyone is different on how they see things.
    Maybe a thread fully explaining the point/meaning etc of LIFE FIGHTERS. Make sure everyone is clear
    :smile:

19. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Another thing to think about is how not to confuse people between us and forum buddies.

I kind of envision it this way. As a Forum buddy myself, our job is to be there, like a first responder. We offer support to the afflicted person.

But Life Fighters (if that is to be our name) will be a more specialized group, working with Forum Buddies to kind of (gang up-for lack of better words) on a person that is having an even more difficult time.

Of course we would still do the work that we have already talked about.

But in order to seperate us, people should know that we are like the swat team of the forum buddies police. ( bad anology, but that is all I got). lol

20. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

brilliant!!!