first my 3 year old cousin now my grandfather

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by corang, Oct 1, 2009.

1. corang

corang Well-Known Member

Last week my 3 year old cousin got bacterial meningitus and died within 5 days and her birthday was 2 weeks away. Now today i learn my grandfather who's over 80 years old has multiple cancers. Hes been given his last rights 3 or 4 times before in his life and it seems when he gets it this time itll be the last. Life just seems to want me to suffer.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sorry for you loss it must been very hard on everyone.

3. corang

corang Well-Known Member

Thanks ~violet~ its just so depressing that its going on in such a short period of time

4. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

im so sorry to hear about ur cousion, and sorry to hear about ur grandad too, hope things imporve soon x

5. Tom

Tom Member

It's especially sad when a child dies, older people have lived a life, so it's understandable, even though it's still sad.
    But it's always so sad for all who are left behind.
    You will all meet up one day, i believe.
    All the best to you

6. corang

corang Well-Known Member

I wanna thank you guys that replied before i talk about my new issue.
    THANK YOU

Now for the new shitty news my sister in laws father well now his liver is failing. I also got to talk to my dad whos visiting my grandparents on his side a few states over he said my grandfather has prostate cancer that spread to the bone. The doctors cant do anything about the cancer in the bones but they can atleast make him comfortable and treat the prostate cancer as best they can to extend his life a little bit how much a little bit is idk but atleast my aunts and uncles can maybe get there to say goodbye.
    hoping this is the last thing i need to add to this thread

7. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you are having to deal with all this at once. I can imagine how hard it must be.

8. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Aww, I'm sorry to hear about that....*sigh* that must be difficult for you....but at least take comfort in the fact that your grandfather won't have to suffer anymore, and soon he will be at peace. I guess that's how I try to look at these things. Here if you wanna talk :arms:

9. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

i wish you all the best.

stay strong :hug:

10. corang

corang Well-Known Member

fuckin doctors gave my grandpa 2-3 weeks a few days ago he died today. we were gunna go down saturday to see him now were going to see my dad and grandma. and my sister in laws dad didnt have liver failure it was kidney failure someone got it wrong and told me liver but hell live just needs dialasis. im so depressed now

11. coniconi

coniconi New Member

Hi, I'm Nicolas and i' m worried about my grand father, in fact, is in a retirement home and every time i go to see him he don't do nothing, is social live is not really ecxiting and he is becoming angry! I've heard about Play Therapy but do you have any forum that talk about this and do you know if it could be good for him to participate to one these therapy?
    I've heard about this website : http://www.playtherapy.biz
    What do you think of this!

12. xmissmiseryx

xmissmiseryx Guest

so sorry to hear about that. when my nan died 4 yrs ago it tore me apart, i was so down for a long time.. but now all that is left is happy memories, and all of the great times we had together, which i will never ever forget.:console:

13. corang

corang Well-Known Member

Hi everyone I just wanted to get back to this thread now since Im less depressed now and wanted to say that my grandfather will be getting his military honors monday. He was in the army for 20 years and was in 2 wars nobody can seem to agree on how many purple hearts 2 or 3 and multiple high up medals. I havent heard much about my sister in laws father besides hes doing better and i think hes out of the hospital now and in another facility. Thanks to everyone who posted here!