First post. Not quite the post I thought it would be

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by blue_star_82, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blue_star_82

blue_star_82 New Member

Hi everyone,

I have been lurking on these forums for a few weeks now, as I have been feeling very down and having occasional suicidal thoughts. These thoughts have become less and less frequent recently, and I really feel like I have turned a corner with my own mental health.

I thought I bwould never come back to this forum. However, today my step-brother has made an attempt on his life. He is currently in hospital, and they are pumping his stomach and doing tests to see if he has damaged his organs. I feel so angry at him, he has a lovely wife and 2 great kids who are all doing well. They are an ordinary working family who have their own home and nloving family and friends and should be very grateful for what they have. His eldest son found him collapsed after his attempt, and that is what angers me the most, that he did not spare a thought for his family when he did this.

This has really made me think about how i was feeling the last few months, and how I have contemplated suicicde myself. I hope that I can remember how angry and upset I feel right now and never be so selfish as to consider suicide again.

Sorry if this post seems a bit jumbled. I guess that is how my head is right now. I only found out about my step-brother an hour ago and I cannot take it all in. I have been told not to go to the hospital so I just have to wait here for news of whether he has done himself any lasting damage. :sad:
  2. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

Welcome, there is no shame is registering on these forums, they really do help people :).
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum :hug:

I hope you find the help and support you need here
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I am sorry to hear about your brother. It does stop and make you think when attempts effect you and you realize how others would feel if you had attempted and they were saddened. I hope things work out for your brother and your family. It will take time to heal. :;hug:
  5. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums =)

I'm really sorry with what happened with your brother. Some people in this world forget the impacts they make on their loved ones.. But I hope you will find the support and friends you need here.

6. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums.
  7. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.
  8. blue_star_82

blue_star_82 New Member

Thanks for all your welcome messages.

My step-brother has been discharged from hospital now and has got an appointment with a debt counsellor and the psychiatrist has written to his GP.

I hope now he will get the help he needs.
  9. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

:welcome: :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.