First Post

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Shu-kale-tuda, May 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shu-kale-tuda

Shu-kale-tuda New Member

Hi everyone, this the first time I've really ever been open about my thoughts and if it weren't for the relative anonymity of the internet I probably wouldn't have said anything.

I'm 21 years old and for the past year I've been thinking about it more and more. Much of my childhood was filled with alcoholic fighting, drug addicts and a family who's attitude towards me felt obligatory.

A little over a year ago I quit smoking after 11 years and I think this may have added quite a bit to my depression. I've never been diagnosed with depression but I'm pretty confident I am given my families history of mental heath problems, schizophrenia, suicide etc.

There's more but I'll leave it at that. Maybe these problems are pretty petty compared to others, but it only makes me want to get that firearms license sooner.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Shu-kale-tuda Your problems are just as impt as anyone elses here hun we don't judge here we just reach out to each other Welcome to SF hope to see you around forums or you can talk in chat make new friends there
  3. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to SF. As Total Eclipse says all problems are important. Interesting point about quitting smoking. I gave up just as my current bout of depression started.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.