first post

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by steve64, Feb 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steve64

steve64 Member

This is my first post here, really needing someone to talk to..............
  2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Hi Steve and welcome to SF, you're welcome to open some threads and discuss what is troubling you, and you can always write to me

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Chat room is down in the bottom right corner- for finding somebody to talk to on the spot that works well. Otherwise feel free to talk about whats going in here and if you can say a little bit about what is going on in some detail will get replies ")
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi there, welcome to SF. There are always people here to talk to, to understand what you are going through and be there to support you. Feel free to message me if you need to talk.
  5. steve64

steve64 Member

Thank you all, I have made an appointment with my doctor
  6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hey Steve, really glad you made that appointment. *hug* Here if you feel like talking, feel free to PM me anytime.
  7. steve64

steve64 Member

Thanks, I don't hold much hope with my doc, I had seen a therapist about 10 years ago for depression but I didn't think it helped me at all
  8. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Doc appointment won't fix all problems usually, but lots of times it can help us get to a place where we are better able to help ourselves. It is far better than just waiting for things to change on their own so by making the dr appt and coming here you are at least choosing to take control somewhat of where things are going for you. That is a difficult but very big first step to finding the way to turn things around. Things really can get better, even when it doesn't seem like it.
  9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I hope your appointment goes well and more importantly be entirely honest with them and tell them the truth, that is the only way they can help you. As for needing someone to talk to you can always PM me, the chat room here is pretty active, there is always someone around to talk to. Good luck to you and keep us updated on your progress.
  10. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Sorry I am late for joining this discussion, but feel free to open the chat up and talk there - there is almost always someone on-line in the chat that you can speak with, or serious maters or just goof around around with, but then there are times when the chat is completely empty.
    But you are also welcomed to PM message anytime, since I am on SF the majority of the day and normally get back to relying to any PM's within 1 hour.
  11. Persephone2

Persephone2 Active Member

In my experience it may take several tries to get a therapist who works right for you. I had one really good one when I was working, but a couple others who weren't a good fit for me. If you get even one helpful piece of advice or perspective, use that. If after a few sessions you feel like this person is not helping you enough, try to see if you can get a different therapist.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.