First post

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by butterbean, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butterbean

butterbean New Member

My life is ruined! I used to play sports, I used to have friends, I used to be able to go out in public and not have to worry about people's peircing stares when they see me. Nine years ago, when I was 18 years old, I was diagnosed with Muscular Dystrophy. Since then the muscles in my hips, thighs, and shoulders have begun to weaken. I can't even walk anymore and now I must rely on someone else to help me with daily activities. I have trouble going out in public because people stare at me and I am so tired of all of the constant questions. Even though my disease is not life threaten I just wish I could die right now. I've lost all will to live.

2. ace

ace Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry for the way you're feeling and position you're in and people can be such moron's starring I hate that personally.Can I ask is there any possibility to have surgery for your problem's in any way at all?I'm here to talk anytime if you need.

3. Hi butterbean. I have muscular atrophy, which is a peripheral neuropathy condition known as Charcot Marie Tooth, which causes me to have difficulty balancing/walking in terms of stability. I trip and fall down often. Perhaps we can talk soon. Take care.

4. butterbean

butterbean New Member

In response to ace, there is no cure for this disease and while surgery may help some, it would do me no good. I do have to go to physical therapy, however, and I hate it! It is so painful and really don't think it does me any good.

Broken Product, I would love to talk with you more. I don't know anyone else who could possibly understand my pain.

5. Sil

Sil Well-Known Member

It is hard to ignore the people, isn't it? You'd like to screa at them, but then you think it is not worthing... Sometimes I'd just punch those idiots

6. butterbean

butterbean New Member

I know I'm different though... Punching them wouldn't help, it's me not them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.